Sinumerik 802c pasword help

Thread: Sinumerik 802c pasword help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sinumerik 802c pasword help

Hello, I just purchased a 2009 Precision Mathews 1330 cnc lathe from the original owner. This machine has the Sinumerik 802c controller. Power up, homing and jogging all work fine. When I try to go any further everything is "access denied" . Going to the password page I have entered all the factory passwords to no avail.. The original owner did not modify any of the factory passwords for this. The Siemens online tech gave me the additional password of ECHTZEIT, but this did not work either. The machine had sat unused for 5 years previously to my purchase. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sinumerik 802c pasword help

...ECHTZEIT is German for real time. Try that.
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...glish/echtzeit

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks but that didn't work either...

Downloads
    Uploads

Try sunrise however it may have a keylock as well to stop any interference by operators

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you but sunrise did not work. Can you explain anymore about a possible "key lock" you mentioned? thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

On some older Siemens there were different coloured keys to stop operators doing stuff they were not meant to private message me your email and ill send you a pic

Downloads
    Uploads

could you refresh my memory on how to do a PM? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

OK figured out the PM but error says your message box is full..... :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

...must be a way to reset the password....jumper on the motherboard any where?

in the manuals some where hopefully
    SINUMERIK 802S/802C Manuals User Guides - CNC Manual

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the link. no clue about a jumper, looks like I can set the start switch located inside the controller to #1 position and this will do a default factory boot up. The down side is that I will loose all the settings already in the machine. I don't care about programs and tool offsets but I sure don't want to loose all the tweaks the motors and ball screws got at the factory. because the machine sat for 5 years without running, part of he memory has been lost according to the manual. 50 hrs is all you get without power before you loose it. This controller has no battery backup. I am in the process of trying to do a data save to my PC before I turn that start up switch to the #1 setting. Any more thoughts are appreciated! thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by erikh206 View Post
    Thanks for the link. no clue about a jumper, looks like I can set the start switch located inside the controller to #1 position and this will do a default factory boot up. The down side is that I will loose all the settings already in the machine. I don't care about programs and tool offsets but I sure don't want to loose all the tweaks the motors and ball screws got at the factory. because the machine sat for 5 years without running, part of he memory has been lost according to the manual. 50 hrs is all you get without power before you loose it. This controller has no battery backup. I am in the process of trying to do a data save to my PC before I turn that start up switch to the #1 setting. Any more thoughts are appreciated! thanks
    You can ask Siemens if there is higher level password, which could reset all the lower level passwords.
    For example, the level 2 password can reset password of Level 3, 4, 5.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, Yes I talked with Siemens support and they finally gave me the word ECHTZEIT, I believe this one should be above SUNRISE, EVENING and CUSTOMER. I have no alarms, the machine will even run an existing program in the controller. My problem is I cant change a single offset or anything because I am "access denied" Im also reading that I need the "802c TOOL BOX program/CD" that might have come with the machine.... Thanks!