DMF 260 Shopmill rotatable head and circular table

Thread: DMF 260 Shopmill rotatable head and circular table

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody
    I worked for almost 10 years mainly with CNC turning machines.
    Currently I am working on a DMF-260 with Siemens 840D SL and milling machine with Shopturn.

I made good progress however I still have problems with the integrated circular table.

How can I position the circular table under particular angles with a rotated B axis using Shopmill?

For example: I have a flat bar 100x100x30m clamped in the bench vice onto the circular table. I rotate the b axis by 90° and mill all four sides of the flat bar. So I need to position the table 4x by 90° after every cutting.

Can anybody help me out?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody
    I worked for almost 10 years mainly with CNC turning machines.
    Currently I am working on a DMF-260 with Siemens 840D SL and milling machine with Shopturn.

I made good progress however I still have problems with the integrated circular table.

How can I position the circular table under particular angles with a rotated B axis using Shopmill?

For example: I have a flat bar 100x100x30m clamped in the bench vice onto the circular table. I rotate the b axis by 90° and mill all four sides of the flat bar. So I need to position the table 4x by 90° after every cutting.

Can anybody help me out?

Hello

In general it’s hard to explain it so you understand.
    I work on a DMF 360 and Shopmill, so I am familiar with the topic.
    You always have to keep the following in mind:
    When you want to turn, you simply have to consider the dihedral angles A,B,C and the pivoting cycle.
    The three angles then turn the X,Y,Z axis and set up the tools according to the surface that is processed and the pivoting points.

You NEVER turn the work piece ( at least not when considering the question ‘how am I doing it?’)- You only adjust the tools, define A,B and C angle.. the rest is up to the machine. The advantage is that you always work ‘parallel to X’!!

Hope you were able to understand my explanation!?!??!

Regards Raffa

Downloads
    Uploads

When you move the XYZ layer for the rotating, then the machine turns the table or the head so that the tool is positioned in the Z axis.