dual turning

Thread: dual turning

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys smile.gif

I need your help or rather your experiences regarding dual turning.
    I hope that’s how you would call it.wink.gif

Has anybody done that before?

I have an EMCO 665 Hyperturn Mcplus with Simens 840D controller.

I want the tool change 2 to support the tool change 1 with its processing, as it hardly needs to do any processing on the opposed spindle.
    In order to decrease the dwell time and therefore minimize the running time
    However not the classical version ( tool change 1 with side cutter and tool change 2 with copier) hence roughing and finishing, instead turn cut-ins with tool change 1 and at the same time turn the inside with tool change 2.

I believe you have to process with G95, don’t you? Or do I have to call the engine speed and turning direction again in CAN2 (tool change 2)?

Can anybody give me some useful tips how to do it or any other kinds of information?!

m8.gif

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mayday !

I’m afraid to say that I don’t think that will work like you planned it. You can only do adaptations at the same time that have similar characteristics. So cut-in with quite low engine speed and simultaneously turn with high engine speed does not work! In that moment, you have only one spindle on which you want to work with two revolvers- that means you only have one engine speed.

It should be no problem doing it with similar stuff. Have a look on the internet about collision free working.

Regards

Michael