Siemens 810d data transfer interface

Thread: Siemens 810d data transfer interface

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys
    After the mini memory of my Siemens controller is full, I am now for a good solution to manage the situation.
    The USB adapter is without function on my controller.
    A memory enlargement on a Flash card it too expensive.
    So the only solution that is left would be the old serial port.

Are there any adapters to connect USB sticks directly to the serial port?
    Or is the only way the computer?

The mini memory of around 550kb is such a joke!

hapo

According to your description is seems like you have a 840D powerline with PCU20.
    The USB port on the PCU20 is suitable to connect a mouse or an external keyboard for service purposes. However, you can’t connect a USB stick or a USB hard disk.

Why is a flashcard too expensive? (PCMCIA-Adapter: from 5€ and CF-card: from 2€/GB)

Of course the PCMCIA-card from Siemens is way more expensive but I don’t think you need it for your purpose.
    The CF cards until 2GB are usually well recognised. I have good experience with Sandisk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Siemens 810d data transfer interface

Quote Originally Posted by AdminCrew View Post
    According to your description is seems like you have a 840D powerline with PCU20.
    The USB port on the PCU20 is suitable to connect a mouse or an external keyboard for service purposes. However, you can’t connect a USB stick or a USB hard disk.

Why is a flashcard too expensive? (PCMCIA-Adapter: from 5€ and CF-card: from 2€/GB)

Of course the PCMCIA-card from Siemens is way more expensive but I don’t think you need it for your purpose.
    The CF cards until 2GB are usually well recognised. I have good experience with Sandisk

hi friends.

can we use PCMCIA slot on PCU20 for saving our MPFs?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i really need extra space but i thought we can just archive programs on PCMCIA card on CCU not on PCU?
    am i right????????????????

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Siemens 810d data transfer interface

We had a serial to usb cable, serial port to a laptop. The 810D did have a usb port, but it was not functional. If I remember correctly, you do need a program on the laptop for the two to talk to each other. Ask your local Siemens rep, they should assist you with this.