Surfcam Velocity 4 remote desktop issue

Thread: Surfcam Velocity 4 remote desktop issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Surfcam Velocity 4 remote desktop issue

anybody use surfcam velocity 4 via a remote desktop connection? the program works perfectly when i am sitting in front of it, but when i try to conncect in via a rdp connection that works fine - can use soidworks and every other program on the machine this way - i get an error talking about direct x compatability.

using the rdp connection would sure make certain abilities nice and be able to code when away from the main machine - any help would be greatly appreciated.

fwiw, win32 xp all up to date - all software = upto date - solidworks works fine via rdp, in fact all other programs work fine via rpd, just not surfcam.

please help as this will save quite a bit of $$$ when out of the office but can still get the programming done - trade shows, home sick, etc.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think DirectX works over a RDP. OpenGL does, that's why SW gives you no problem. Try disabling the hardware DX... instructions are here:

http://www.surfware.com/support_surfcam_faqs.aspx

HTH

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RE: Surfcam Velocity 4 remote desktop issue

SURFCAM requires minimum 16bit color and hardware acceleration.

Remote Desktop in XP & Vista do not support 16 bit color but Windows 7 does. Both the Client and Server must be running Windows 7.

A much cheaper and easier solution is to use UltraVNC, it works great for me.

Darin Weatherbee
    CAMcad Technologies, Inc.
    www.camcadtech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the info. will try ultravnc. have used it in the past but was hoping to stay w/ rdp, but i guess not in this case.