3d relief

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3d relief

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3d relief

hello does anyone know where I could get some 3d relief images for free. I'm looking for something that I could import into rhino and maybe put some lettering around it and then mill it out on my router. I'm just looking for something in the OOOh Nifty category to impress my fiends and everyone else that thought that hunk of metal in the garage was the result of mental lapse and poor judgement. Does anyone have anything like that that they would be willing to share? thanks
    Senor J.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's an image your could make a surface with. I played around with it a bit tonight, and with playing around with the settings a bit (heightfield from bitmap) it could look pretty cool.

I used to have several pretty cool images that I think you would have enjoyed, given your location. But somehow managed to lose them a while back.

**EDIT**

Guess I should mention this comes from a program called AudioGrabber. Used for 'ripping' audio cd's for making mp3s

Last edited by DAB_Design; 01-27-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

oops

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3d relief-hand-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh Shoot! You did ask me this and I totally forgot!!! What was the relief that you wanted from me?? Or I think it was the G-code file you wanted.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi home cnc. Ive seen some of your 3d reliefs there pretty cool! I'm not looking for anything specific just something that would be neat to mill out in walnut and show people (and show myself ) I completed my router about a month ago and havent tried anything really artistic on it yet. I wouldnt need the g code because I have visual mill basic and rhino 3.0 so all I would need is just the 3dm or in whatever other file form for me to import it into rhino. I want to put some lettering or border around the image. If you have anything that you would be willing to share that would be much apreciated. Im finding alot of 3d models for free on the internet but nothing that is a relief, which brings up another question... Nearly all the free models on the internet are true 3d images not 3d reliefs is there a way to turn them into 3d reliefs? meaning the z plane would only have, lets say, 1/2 inch thickness. there are some pretty cool 3d scenes on the net that I would love to mill into something solid but they are all true 3d scenes not reliefs. thanks
    Senor J.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default File for you

I took about 10 minutes and built you a relief to play with. See picture below. The file is an STL format. It loaded into Rhino fine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3d relief-relief-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HomeCNC
    I took about 10 minutes and built you a relief to play with. See picture below. The file is an STL format. It loaded into Rhino fine.
    Ooo! Very nice! I think I'll have to save that one myself!

Downloads
    Uploads

cool thanks Jeff that'll work perfect! Is that from a picture or is it a scanned model?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by senor J.
    cool thanks Jeff that'll work perfect! Is that from a picture or is it a scanned model?

That was built from the 3D clip art that comes with ArtCam pro. It is very easy to pick and past 3D reliefs to create a totaly new relief.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 290 FREE STL files at cnc4free.org

Hi there,

I currently provide 290 FREE 2.5D / 3D .stl files at http://cnc4free.org.

Just click the email link on the download page and send mail with "FREE Download password" as the subject to setup a download account.

I add about 30 new files each month. The files are created using only FREE software.

Hope this helps

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Last edited by yohudi; 01-23-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: typos
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Downloads
    Uploads

Danny, I've just bookmarked your site as my first visit left my jaw on the floor.

"Many thanks" seems to be totally inadequate. I can only hope that at some time in the future my learning curve will allow me to give something back.

Regards
    John

It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Glad you like it...

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Danny, I've just bookmarked your site as my first visit left my jaw on the floor.

"Many thanks" seems to be totally inadequate. I can only hope that at some time in the future my learning curve will allow me to give something back.

Regards
    John

Hi there John,

Thanks for your appreciative and positive remarks. I have tried to make the site a worthwhile place to visit and I hope you find some resources there you can make use of.

All the best

Danny (aka Yohudi)

BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am very impressed with how this art is done on C.N.C. . Just a simple question: Do these shapes come from images, or even a scanned image, then some kind of software can tell the movements needed to "CUT" this shape? (In simple english) Or is each outline layered and created such as in CAD programming creation or import solidworks? What I really would be neat if there is a way to scan an image then download it into a machine without defining it's shape? Is the Technology that advanced yet?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Actually it's pretty easy....

Quote Originally Posted by dumptruck View Post
    Just a simple question: Do these shapes come from images, or even a scanned image, then some kind of software can tell the movements needed to "CUT" this shape? (In simple english) Or is each outline layered and created such as in CAD programming creation or import solidworks? What I really would be neat if there is a way to scan an image then download it into a machine without defining it's shape? Is the Technology that advanced yet?

Hi there,

In answer to your question.

The models are derived from digital image sources. Images are edited using simple heightmapping principles. White is high, Black is low and levels of grey describe the range in between. Once the image is suitably edited it's processed to gcode in one of two ways.

FREE CamBam beta software will generate a toolpath directly from the image based on user defined tool, stepover and dimension values.

Alternatively a mesh surface can be generated in FREE software like 3D Paysage or DMeshlite. A 3D mesh in wavefront .OBJ format is the result. This is then converted to an .STL file. FreeMill will generate the required gcode from STL files, again based on user specified tooling and stepover values. It also generates a surface preview to check smoothness and detail.

A completely automatic method is not quite here yet. The many possible interpretations of content within any given image means the desired interpretation must be defined before software can perform the coding.

Hope this helps

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

"I come from a time when mankind controlled the machines" - Sarah Conner (The Terminator movie )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yohudi View Post
    Hi there,

I currently provide 290 FREE 2.5D / 3D .stl files at cnc4free.org homepage.

Just click the email link on the download page and send mail with "FREE Download password" as the subject to setup a download account.

I add about 30 new files each month. The files are created using only FREE software.

Hope this helps

Danny (aka Yohudi)
    That is Great Danny
    Thank you for your exc. effort to help the others
    Best wishes to you, and to this great forum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi for everyone!
    Maybe You are interested in some free 3D relief downloadable here:
    hobbycncart.com
    All You need just a regitration, use the translator.

Downloads
    Uploads

Since this thread has revived, I'll add these 2 sites:

CNC3Dart LINK

Legno3D LINK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

New reliefs for free, dowloadable at HobbyCncArt.com for example this one for Mother's day:

Registration needed!
    Have a Nice day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast