linear rail system?

Thread: linear rail system?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default linear rail system?

can someone tell me the stability, and costs they had for the skate bearing linear rail system used in the design?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
    can someone tell me the stability, and costs they had for the skate bearing linear rail system used in the design?
    If adjusted properly the skate bearing rail system is very stable, don't let its simplicity fool you. As for costs, its one of the most cost efficient linear motion system you can get/build. The angle aluminum is very inexpensive (less than $20 if I remember correctly) and can be bought at home depot. I don't know the pricing on the skate bearings but they're reasonable as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have one of the CAD plan set for one of the machines found on here.. im going to modify it for the travel i need.. it uses the skate bearings and i just wasnt sure if i should use those.. or JB weld some open ball bushings into a stripped flange riding on a fully supported pipe that will have slices of solid steel rod in them for mounting, and added support, i have to decide on which one ill use soon

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bearings supply

This is where I got mine http://www.vxb.com/ and they had the best price if you buy a pack of them.

or

You can make your design where the tension adjustment is made with off-center bearing studs instead of regular bolts that hold the bearing in place. Some of those studs come with the bearing on them. This way you don't have big bulky plates that move against the other sides of MDF, and especially on the "box" one that is on the Y axis holder because when the pressure is applied it will bow the MDF vertical arm. The original design works great but keep in mind that it is budget oriented so if you are willing to spend a little bit more you will have a better machine. The same goes for the Z axis assembly, the Y axis travel box is solid enough to put on some 3/4 linear bearings with 1/2" aluminum plate to hold any spindle you plan to use....and I can go on forever.