rolling saw blades? how in the world....

Thread: rolling saw blades? how in the world....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default rolling saw blades? how in the world....

Can anyone explain, or know a web site that has a couple of pictures, how to take a saw blade and 'roll' it up the way they come? I about lost a finger a bit ago trying to do it.

And is there a safe way to 'unroll' them?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rolling them is simple.

Step on one end of the blade with your foot. Hold the other end with your right hand and twist your wrist clockwise as you lower the blade to your foot. It should roll into 3 loops.

I unroll them by throwing it on the ground. Probably not the best way. Keeps me from getting injured though.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know how Inventit does it with one hand

As he says, step on the lower part of the loop and hold it to the ground. The loop should be elliptically shaped, with the short axis being vertical. You should have hold of the loop with both hands, having them spread about shoulder width apart, and palms facing outwards. Then, with a twisting of both hands and arms simultaneously, bring the ends of the long axis of the ellipse towards the center, ultimately ending with your palms facing you. The twisting motion of your hands will be clockwise for the left, and counterclockwise for the right.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow. That's surprisingly simple. I actually did it with just my left hand (I'm right handed)...go figure.

HuFlungDung, not sure if it matters, but the blades are only 64.5" long. Not too long. We have some blades at work that would be a bit harder .

InventIt, throwing them on the ground might not be the best way, but it sounds like the safest.

Gloves? Who needs em? hehe Now where is the :missing finger: smiley?