new job?

Thread: new job?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default new job?

Hey guys I have never run an E200 what are the main differences between the 100 and 200. Alot I think windows, USB ports? Can I still muddle my way through G-code if I have to? any input would be helpful.

Thanks, Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a mill with an OSP E100M control and a lathe with an OSP P200L control. The E100 doesn't have a windows computer the P100 was the first control with the computer and the P200 is the current. Is it a P200?

Downloads
    Uploads

I was wrong I use a mill with an E-100-M, and am looking at a lathe with an E-200. I am reallly familiar with the 5020 the 5000 and the 7000 on a lathe, I am just wondering what differences I should be looking for. I do not use IGF or ADMAC. Everything is either hand coded or using Mastercam. What do you think?

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you mean a P200? I'm not sure what an E200 is. I don't have any experience with controls older than the E100, but their isn't much difference between the E100 and the P200 other than the built in computer.

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't even seen the machine, I was just assuming that sequentially it would be in the "E" family maybe I misheard the phone conversation. It is a 2006 turning center.

Robert