GPP Tool

Thread: GPP Tool

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GPP Tool

As useless as my advice usually is, I have to say that anyone having problems with the generated G code MUST use the "trace all" option in the GPP file.

I'm a novice with Solidcam and G code, but it's helped me immensely, and I'm pretty sure that there's others out there with the same ability as me, and possibly similar problems.

For you guys proficient in all of the above, then I salute you!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default using trace in post processor troubleshooting

Agreed. The trace command is in my opinion a necessity for troubleshooting post processor issues.

For those that are not familiar with this check out the below cut and paste from the my gpp file. Please note that there are 6 levels of tracing. 0 is none up to 5 which is the most complete. Putting the ; (comment) in front is equivalent not having the ; and making the level 0 or no tracing. Per the example below you can trace the entire output with levels 1-5 or specific calls with levels 1-5 to pinpoint a problem in a specific call.

All you do is go into your editor, open your gpp file, turn on tracing, generate G-code as usual, view the output with tracing, and then turn it off when you want normal G-Code.

; GPPL variables
    numeric_def_f = '5.4'
    integer_def_f = '5.0(p)'
    gcode_f = '2/2.0(p)'
    mcode_f = '2/2.0(p)'
    xpos_f = '5.4'
    ypos_f = '5.4'
    zpos_f = '5.4'
    feed_f = '4.4'
    tool_diameter_f = '5.4/1'
    blknum_f = '5.0(p)'
    blknum_gen = FALSE
    blknum_exist = FALSE
    blknum = 10
    blknum_delta = 10
    blknum_max = 3200000
    ; trace "all":1
    ; trace "@change_tool":5
    ;trace "@drill4x_pnt":5
    ;trace "@tool_path_info":5
    ; trace "@rotary_info":5
    ;trace "@fourth_axis":5

Quote Originally Posted by mattpatt View Post
    As useless as my advice usually is, I have to say that anyone having problems with the generated G code MUST use the "trace all" option in the GPP file.

I'm a novice with Solidcam and G code, but it's helped me immensely, and I'm pretty sure that there's others out there with the same ability as me, and possibly similar problems.

For you guys proficient in all of the above, then I salute you!