Backplot all one colour

Thread: Backplot all one colour

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Backplot all one colour

Hi Scott,
    I downloaded latest beta, and noticed something.
    So I ran it in the previous release version, and it's the same!

We're running a two stage job. Stage 1 vice, stage 2 fixture.
    The program is one, with a 'M00 (SECOND STAGE) M00' after the 1st stage.
    We have a different colour set for all tools, with view fade at 25.
    It runs 1st stage correct, then for second stage (after M00) the colours are all the same, with the view fade not working (all bright).

It seems that the M00 is to blame, have I got a setting wrong?

Beta running sweet!

Cheers,
    Terry

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Hi Scott,
    I downloaded latest beta, and noticed something.
    So I ran it in the previous release version, and it's the same!

We're running a two stage job. Stage 1 vice, stage 2 fixture.
    The program is one, with a 'M00 (SECOND STAGE) M00' after the 1st stage.
    We have a different colour set for all tools, with view fade at 25.
    It runs 1st stage correct, then for second stage (after M00) the colours are all the same, with the view fade not working (all bright).

It seems that the M00 is to blame, have I got a setting wrong?

Beta running sweet!

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry,+(fao Scott)
    I had a similar thing happening too. If you go into machine config, viewport settings and have color by tool checked, then under the checkbox is a tool list with editable colors. NCPlot changes tool in this list everytime it reads T, or M6 so if your using a large program with many tools and you dont have enough in this list then it uses the color of unspecified tools ( just above tool list). You find when this happens the fade treats unspecified tool as one tool so thinks its the same tool. Quick fix is to put loads of tools in list.
    Another problem with lathe plotting is if you have T0 or T0100 to cancel tool offset this is read as another tool change so the tool list has to cater for more tools than you actually have in your program.

Keith.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TURNER View Post
    Hi Terry,+(fao Scott)
    I had a similar thing happening too. If you go into machine config, viewport settings and have color by tool checked, then under the checkbox is a tool list with editable colors. NCPlot changes tool in this list everytime it reads T, or M6 so if your using a large program with many tools and you dont have enough in this list then it uses the color of unspecified tools ( just above tool list). You find when this happens the fade treats unspecified tool as one tool so thinks its the same tool. Quick fix is to put loads of tools in list.
    Another problem with lathe plotting is if you have T0 or T0100 to cancel tool offset this is read as another tool change so the tool list has to cater for more tools than you actually have in your program.

Keith.
    Terry,

Keith is right on. Does this explain what you see, or is something else happening?

Keith,

I think that the view should treat each tool separately, even if there is no corresponding color setting. I'll see if I can fix this.

The T-Code offset cancel is something that I'm aware of. I still need to add a setting to allow changing the T-Code format between a tool only code and tool/offset combination code.

Thanks,
    SCott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MetLHead View Post
    The T-Code offset cancel is something that I'm aware of. I still need to add a setting to allow changing the T-Code format between a tool only code and tool/offset combination code.

Thanks,
    SCott
    Just a comment.
    Until I read the text block, the first time I went to use the color by tool I expected tool number X to always be the assigned color no matter what tools were used before it.

I can see where the color by tool change is useful but I also think there may be times that color by tool number and even color by length offset number or color by radius offset could be useful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Andre',

Coloring by tool number has been requested and is my list of things to do. I was going to make this an additional setting so that the old behavior would still work, but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning toward just using the new behavior. Coloring by offset number is an interesting idea too.

Thanks,
    Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Keith / Scott

Of course it was operator error - DOH!
    Just loaded more tools, and asigned colours and saved the config. Lovelly jubbly!

Been running a big(ish) job, no problems with beta yet!
    Got 3 x more jobs to go and only a week to make them......

Cheers,
    Terry