Need Help! Obsolete Iscar Carbide Inserts

Thread: Obsolete Iscar Carbide Inserts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Obsolete Iscar Carbide Inserts

Hi I have a Iscar Slot cutter FDN-D125-10.5-32-R10 and the last time I bought Inserts for it (QPMT-100408-PDTN-328) was over two years ago I now would like to Buy some more but they tell me that this insert is obsolete, I can obtain QPMT-100408-PDTN-M-328 but these do not fit as they do not have a recess in the sides like my old Inserts.
    If any one can help I would be very greatfull,
    I require a minimum of 14 Inserts, more would be good or it is a new tool at £630.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I personally would talk to your iscar rep, they are very good about replacing cutters, I would be willing to bet if you buy a few boxes of inserts from them that are a similar design that you are looking for, they would give you a new cutter body for nothing. We have done this with alot of different tool venders. In fact when I buy 3 boxes of Dapra inserts I get a free body every time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Found

Thanks for you post 5AXISGUY but you must have a better rep than mine as he did not offer any help at all, another company offered me a new tool at a 70% discount but I had to buy for me what would have been 5 years worth of inserts.
    I have now sourced an ample supply of the inserts I require after hours surfing the web at a firm in Minneapolis US, at less than half the price I have been paying in the UK, it also has over 2000 other items for sale at very good prices so I shall use this company again.
    Thanks to all who looked at my thread.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi....
    I need a lot of carbide insert grip 4004Y, any body can help me?