router bits at princess auto

Thread: router bits at princess auto

Downloads
    Uploads

Default router bits at princess auto

hey !
    ive been down to princess and they've got a reduculous deal on a 15 pc router bit set , theyve got them on sale for $6.99 for the set .
    i bought a few sets , they aren t any high end quality but for the average weekend warrior it's a great set
    i can't walk in and out of the place without being there an hour and i can never walk out empty handed

fugured i'd pass the word in case anyone would be interested in a set or ten

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

These wouldn't happen to be the ones painted bright yellow?

With the shanks that seem to be made out of low grade cheese and break off just below the collet after about five minutes.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Downloads
    Uploads

these ones are red , they aren't quite as pityfull as you had described ,they look ok , fairly solid ,i haven t tryed them yet but ive got another set that is similar from kms tools that worked out well , i'll put them thru the torture test soon enough , at that price the worst case senario i could turf the bits and use the wood box for my endmills

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    these ones are red , they aren't quite as pityfull as you had described ,they look ok , fairly solid ,i haven t tryed them yet but ive got another set that is similar from kms tools that worked out well , i'll put them thru the torture test soon enough , at that price the worst case senario i could turf the bits and use the wood box for my endmills
    I was being a bit pessimistic; the one I broke lasted five minutes chewing out a 6" hole freehand in some 1/4" aluminum plate .

Downloads
    Uploads

1/4" plate would possibly do a number on these ,
    ive cut aluminum on my cnc table with router bits and i was really surprised at how well they work , i had never thought about trying it freehand , i'll put that one into the memory bank for future adventures

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    1/4" plate would possibly do a number on these ,
    ive cut aluminum on my cnc table with router bits and i was really surprised at how well they work , i had never thought about trying it freehand , i'll put that one into the memory bank for future adventures
    Get ear protectors and a full face shield. It is really surprising what you can do with a bit of muscle. Don't try 'climb routing' unless you want a belly full of router. What I have found works is to have a template that the base of the router rides along and then make sure the cutting action is pushing the router against the template and against your feed.

Downloads
    Uploads

man!
    i thought i was dangerous