Removing Spindle motor.

Thread: Removing Spindle motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Removing Spindle motor.

Is there anything else besides the 4 bolts and the wiring holding the OEM motor to the machine?

I mean to remove it am I going to have to pull off the top gearbox cover also?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

nope, just pull it off carefully its kinda heavy.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine was a bit tight, which made me think something else besides the four bots was holding it. Trouble with just trying to lift by hand is you have to wiggle it back and forth in order to get it free for lifting. Then when you get it a little way up it skews over slightly and gets tight, so you wiggle it a bit more firmly and it drops back down again.

I put some wedges under the motor flange while wiggling. If you have the possiblilty maintain some tension on the motor with a chain hoist while wiggling, it should come up easily.

Hope you understand all the wiggling bits.

Regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    Is there anything else besides the 4 bolts and the wiring holding the OEM motor to the machine?

I mean to remove it am I going to have to pull off the top gearbox cover also?

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Thanks all for the replies.

I did not want to apply any force until I was certain I was not fighting any other retention hardware.

The plastic electronic box (on motor) seems to always be in the way and at risk no matter which method I use to hoist the machine. So I wanted the motor and wiring off. The side benefit is the reduced mass will make for less inertia issues and keep the weight at a lower C.G. while moving.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simple Solution

Hi Skullworks;
    If you haven't taken the motor off yet you may want to do as we do, just remove the 4 bolts and turn the motor 90 degrees counter clockwise. Put 1 bolt back to hold the motor in place, then procede to do what you are doing.

IHCNC
    Gene & Tommy