New to Sterlings

Thread: New to Sterlings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to Sterlings

Hi
    I'm new to stirling engines having only heard of them about a week ago, but I am into blacksmithing (yet to actually start, still building my forge) and after hearing about stirlings I thought it would be possible to utilize the heat from my forge fire (probably indirectly) as a heat source, then using the engine to then power something else.

Do you think this would be possible?

Justin

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Justin,
    I just found about this type of engine today, so you are not alone. After reviewing some of the information here to digest, it seems very possible to me that this would work for you. The radiant heat from the forge would be a good source of energy to run the engine. Good luck and let me know how it works out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess there is no reason why not - Commercial Stirling engines were used widely using a whole range of fuels. Perhaps powering your forge fan would be a good start, building up to that powered drop hammer you always wanted.