Pro 48x96 for cabinet parts?

Thread: Pro 48x96 for cabinet parts?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pro 48x96 for cabinet parts?

Hello I am new here and new to cnc technology in general. I run a custom cabinet shop in Ojai california. I have been wanting cnc technology in my shop for about a decade now but have yet to be able to justify the huge financial hurdle for a sheet processing cnc router. I came across your website and it got my gears turning. Since I am totally new to cnc I thought It might be great education too for me to build my own and learn from the inside out so to speak. I would like to know if your pro router kit is capable of sheet processing, and if so what my options might be. I am not a high volume shop. two man operation. totally custom.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Pro 48x96 for cabinet parts?

Hi MAHNKEN, Welcome to the forum and CNC! Congratulations - You are at the crossroads of a major increase in capabilities and flexibility by adding CNC cutting to your operations!

You have a number of options with large format CNC Routers to consider. Our company (CNC Router Parts) specializes in full/ready-to-assemble machine kits that allow people to assemble their own machine, save money (and shipping costs), but with the certainty that the result of your labors will meet specs and that you have a reputable company behind you if any issue/concerns arise.

My initial recommendation, and what many cabinet shops end up going with is to consider the PRO4896 with NEMA34 Plug-and-Play Electronics and our 2.2kW Air-cooled Spindle. This will allow you to process full 4'x8' quickly, accurately, and efficiently. For software, I'd recommend trying Vectric vCarve PRO (free trial link on our product listing) --> VCarve Pro CAM Software | CNCRouterParts

You can see a video that one of our customers posted of the PRO4896 machine cutting cabinets --> .

Here are the relevant product listing links; You can look through the "recommended accessories" to add everything you need to have a "Ready to Assemble" kit that you can assemble and start cutting with immediately. As always we are just a phone call away, feel free to "contact us" via our website and we'll get right back to you (include a phone number if you'd like a call back). --> CNCRouterParts

PRO4896 Mechanical Kit
    NEMA34 Plug and Play System (or our NEMA23 Plug-and-Play System to save some money - does the same work just not as quickly)
    2.2kW Air Cooled Plug-and-Play Spindle & VFD (we also have router mounts for most common sized "hand-held" routers)

I think you'll find our customers to be incredibly knowledgeable about how their machines and many use workflows relevant to your needs, this is a great forum to benefit from their experience and expertise.

Let us know if you have any other questions, Thanks!

-Nathan

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=CRP;1795908]Hi MAHNKEN, Welcome to the forum and CNC! Congratulations - You are at the crossroads of a major increase in capabilities and flexibility by adding CNC cutting to your operations!

You have a number of options with large format CNC Routers to consider. Our company (CNC Router Parts) specializes in full/ready-to-assemble machine kits that allow people to assemble their own machine, save money (and shipping costs), but with the certainty that the result of your labors will meet specs and that you have a reputable company behind you if any issue/concerns arise.

My initial recommendation, and what many cabinet shops end up going with is to consider the PRO4896 with NEMA34 Plug-and-Play Electronics and our 2.2kW Air-cooled Spindle. This will allow you to process full 4'x8' quickly, accurately, and efficiently. For software, I'd recommend trying Vectric vCarve PRO (free trial link on our product listing) --> VCarve Pro CAM Software | CNCRouterParts

You can see a video that one of our customers posted of the PRO4896 machine cutting cabinets --> .

Here are the relevant product listing links; You can look through the "recommended accessories" to add everything you need to have a "Ready to Assemble" kit that you can assemble and start cutting with immediately. As always we are just a phone call away, feel free to "contact us" via our website and we'll get right back to you (include a phone number if you'd like a call back). --> CNCRouterParts

PRO4896 Mechanical Kit
    NEMA34 Plug and Play System (or our NEMA23 Plug-and-Play System to save some money - does the same work just not as quickly)
    2.2kW Air Cooled Plug-and-Play Spindle & VFD (we also have router mounts for most common sized "hand-held" routers)

I think you'll find our customers to be incredibly knowledgeable about how their machines and many use workflows relevant to your needs, this is a great forum to benefit from their experience and expertise.

Let us know if you have any other questions, Thanks!

-Nathan[

Thanks nathan. Will this system work with cabinet mfg software like Mozaik or CabinetPartsPro as well as vcarve pro ect? I currently use Mozaik for design and it can be upgraded to output to cnc.

Quote Originally Posted by MAHNKEN View Post
    Thanks nathan. Will this system work with cabinet mfg software like Mozaik or CabinetPartsPro as well as vcarve pro ect? I currently use Mozaik for design and it can be upgraded to output to cnc.
    Hi MAHNKEN - No problem! Sure, any program that supports Mach3 as a Post Processor (g-code generation) will work with our machines.

Mosaic explicitly supports/lists Mach3 CNC Router Links - Mozaik Software

I'm not sure about CabinetPartsPro, they don't appear to explicitly list what POST processors they officially support. If nothing else you can export the DXF generated in CabinetPartsPro and use that with vCarve or most any other CAM program to create clean gcode to run on your CNC machine.

Thanks!

-Nathan

Mach3 works fine with Cabinet Parts Pro. From my own experience CCP is a little buggy. but for the price you can't touch it with any other commercial software. Here is an example of a CCP cabinet using Mach3 with my CRP 48 X 96 Pro NEMA 34 machine: Shop Cabinet. Any problems with the cabinet were due to my own inexperience.

-Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by elking View Post
    Mach3 works fine with Cabinet Parts Pro. From my own experience CCP is a little buggy. but for the price you can't touch it with any other commercial software. Here is an example of a CCP cabinet using Mach3 with my CRP 48 X 96 Pro NEMA 34 machine: Shop Cabinet. Any problems with the cabinet were due to my own inexperience.

-Scott
    What do you mean by a little buggy?

Downloads
    Uploads

also how much of the machine came from cnc router parts, and how much did you do yourself. do you use this as a hobby machine or for commercial use

I built the base and purchased the (2.2kw) spindle on ebay, I built the rotary/5th axis myself. the rest of the parts came from CRP including the pre wired NEMA 34 kit. Right now its more of a hobby as I have only sold one piece produced with it (which paid for the rotary/5th axis setup). Its truly amazing the variety of things you can do with this technology. Currently I'm building a sewing table for my wife with miter fold joints. Asfor bugs, as long as you stay within normal perameters of the software, you wont experiance them.

Last edited by elking; 12-02-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I know Im getting way ahead of myself but has anyone attached a secondary air drill to the Z axis on their machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use Mozaik with my shop built 5 x 10 CNC; My motion controller is KFLOP and I run KMotionCNC. Instead of paying to have a custom post written, I modified the Mach3 post from Mozaik and it works just fine.

While I don't have any first hand experience with CNCRP, it will depend on the volume of cabinets you expect to machine as to whether it will be sufficient for your needs. IMHO almost all cabinet shops invest waaaaay too much into a router that sits idle much of the week. sorry got to go. more later.

Downloads
    Uploads

We are a custom shop that in comparison to many are pretty low volume. I probably spend 7 days a month cutting parts on the saw. that being said I have personally been making cabinets for about 18 years and am pretty proficient at it. I agree most shops are spending way too much for this tech. and subsequently I have seen many of them go out of business. which is why I am exploring this as a way of schooling myself in cnc without having to step a way from the business to go to cnc tech school.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To give you an idea about what you can expect: I have a 2.2kw spindle on my 5 x 10 stepper driven steel frame router. The machine is much more rigid that CNCRP (Hiiwn 30mm profile linear rails compared to whatever linear rail system is on the CNCRP; plus all steel frame compared to Al extrusion), that said it should still give you an idea of what to expect. On my very first day cutting cabinet parts, I went through 17 sheets of .75" import pre finish birch ply. Enough for an entire house of cabinets; about 19 boxes will .75" backs. One sheet was drawer parts as well. I don't see any reason why a well dialed in CNCRP router couldn't do the same.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, I have a 24k rpm spindle....which was likely a mistake. Get an 18k rpm so you can use more of the available power. I was comfortably cutting 240ipm with .35 doc and a .25" compression spiral from Vortex tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've had a pro for around a year now and have certainly put it through it's paces. Everything on it is still going strong. When assembling make sure you thread lock your bolts. I've had to go back and thread lock some I missed because they will shake loose. Without a doubt get a vacuum hold down system. I'm using 4 lighthouse motors from the thread below. I needed to upgrade quickly so I didn't build a box like they have and instead just dropped 4 pvc pipes with flanges and mounted the motors at the end. It works amazingly well though. I mostly cut parts in the 6x8 inch size from plywood and have yet to have anything lift up or move around. If cnc machines were trucks I'd call the pro a Tacoma. It's reliable and more than happy to get you and your stuff where you need to go.

Black Box Vac Source