Cincinnati 5VC750 acramatic 900V2

Thread: Cincinnati 5VC750 acramatic 900V2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati 5VC750 acramatic 900V2

Trying to reload the system tapes on the above machines due to memory loss after a long storage period.

Problems encountered are thus:

1. Sometimes the tapereader reads the tapes but stops after a few seconds sometimes longer. I have even managed to read a complete tape, but of course the same problem came up when loading reel two. I suspect a tapereader error!?

2. Got the tapes on disk in ASCII format trying to load them this way. Can`t get the PC to communicate with the CNC. I will check out the RS232 with a break out box tester. Never used one before, what do I look for? Got various suggestions for DNC setup, does anybody know something that works, including cabling?

3. When starting up the machine I get a one-line message "memory lost.... ". Doing the firmware diagnostics and tapeloading (as described above) works when this message is on, but sometimes the screen is full of letters in a caotic and random and nothing works. Any suggestions what this may be and how the get the machine "back to normal"?

Comment to all above: Quite sure that the boards and other hardware are OK, the diagnostics reports no error. Got two machines so I can interchange parts if I suspect any faulty parts.

Any suggestions received with thanks

John

Any suggestions

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

motordude,

I feel your pain...
    I don't have to run this machine as I am the programmer.

My only advice for you, If you are determined to keep the machine, replace the control with a retrofit (replacement) control.
    We have one Cinc 10vc2000 left, and I can't wait untill it goes the way of the dinosaur...

I see you're in Norway, as in the Netherlands?
    Good luck to you,

Scott_bob

Scott_bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply, Scott_bob.
    Haven`t got the money to replace them, anyway I have never used them. Retrofit is expensive too.
    Yes, Norway, Scandinavia.

regards
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motordude:
    Did you get your 5vc750 working? I have one and might be able to help you out.

DALE: dhecr250@AOL.COM