NCPlot v2 beta 24 now available for download

Thread: NCPlot v2 beta 24 now available for download

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NCPlot v2 beta 24 now available for download

Download NCPlot at:

www.ncplot.com

Beta 24 has lots of new stuff! This is only a partial list:

Added support for G53 position relative to machine zero.

Added support for G50/G51 coordinate scaling.

Added support for G50.1/G51.1 mirror image.

Added support for M-Code mirror image.

Added support for G15/G16 Polar coordinate system command.

Motion commands after a G28 move were incorrectly showing movement on uncommanded axes. This is fixed.

Any 4th axis move on a block by itself was being ignored, this is fixed.

G01 moves that include the 4th axis are now shown as interpolated.

Added the ability to turn the toolbars on and off. This is under the menu Setup | Toolbars and allows each toolbar to be turned on or off.

Added Lathe canned cycles G90, G92 and G94.

Added a configuration for HAAS Mill controls. This configuration supports the HAAS G70, G71 and G72 bolt pattern cycles.

The DXF conversion options dialog now allows saving layer settings.

Added two new lathe view modes to accommodate vertical turret lathes (VTL's). These modes are called Vertical Left and Vertical Right.

Added a new view mode for horizontal mills. This new mode changes the isometric view axis orientation for horizontal style machines. This can be selected on the machine configuration dialog under the machine type tab.

Added a new zoom tool called Zoom All. This tool works similar to Zoom Extents, but it disregards rapid motions. This gives the ability to zoom to just the feed motions. The "A" key is the shortcut key for this tool.

The Block Skip toggle will now refresh the viewport when it is toggled. This refers to the Block Delete Status panel on the status bar.

For a complete list and descriptions of the new features, check out the NCPlot v2 beta download page.

Thanks,
    Scott

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Scott,

Great job! I like the scrollbar at the the bottom of the screen so you can rewind the animation, Very Cool!

Jerry

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher
    Scott,

Great job! I like the scrollbar at the the bottom of the screen so you can rewind the animation, Very Cool!

Jerry
    Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I also updated the sample programs that comes with it. I'm trying to include a good set of samples that show off NCPlot's capabilities. If anybody has a program that they think would make a good sample, let me know!

Thanks,
    Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

I LOL in amazement when I watched my program run through in animation mode.

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen. CIMCO and Predator have completely lost this lathe contest.

I will give it a more complete run through in the next few days. Thanks for the excellent update.

Cheers
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Dave, I'm anxiously awaiting your review

Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

I am just now getting the program that I posted in your other thread ready to run my parts. Just as background for everybody; I Purchased a Mori Seiki SL-00 lathe earlier this year (you can see it here ).

The program will make the flashlight head for my light in titanium and SS. I am a newbie with lathes and have had to take this slowly. The machine is just now all setup to run and I am anxious to try it out. I have been testing the program by cutting wax and that is going quite well. But cutting titanium will be a new venture. I think I have all the feeds and speeds set as per the starting suggestions in the Kennametal manual.

Using NCPlot has been very helpful and the new additions to the user interface are perfect. I set the program in auto refresh mode and move the cursor up and down with the cursor keys. That lets me watch the tool position move. Or I use plot to curser and then the F7 key to step through the code including the multi line g-code like the G90s! Fantastic.

BTW, if the plotter is in the middle of running an animation and I hit the escape key to stop the animation the plot tool bar goes away.

Scott, you have nailed this interface. I am still trying to learn it and am not yet natural with the plot tool bar yet but it will come.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,

That's a very nice lathe! I'd love see some pictures of the parts your making with it.

I have seen the mysterious disappearing toolbar, but I think I've got this fixed now.

Thanks,
    Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

I shot a video of the lathe making my part and I will try to post it soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

I added a video of my lathe cutting a wax part on CPF. Scroll down to my post # 27.

The g-code for this part was developed exclusively on NCPlot.

Cheers
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

That's really cool Dave

I wish I had a toy like that!

Scott