Alignment and squareness issues

Thread: Alignment and squareness issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alignment and squareness issues

Hi All

Does any one have any tips for squaring up X Y on a homemade router it has adjustment blocks on the rails but seems to be a little tougher than I thought Im using an indicater but just cnat get it where I want it. Didnt even know this was a problem till cut out 2 mating pieces side by side when finished I flipped one piece over on top of the other it was 17 in long and it was painfully obvious

Ray

Similar Threads:
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

Downloads
    Uploads

If the rails have adjustment blocks that is great for getting them parallel but not so great at getting them perpendicular to the other axis. Which rails are you adjusting? On a gantry I would say you need to get the long axis parallel and then adjust the short axis(on the ganty) to get these perp. to the long axis.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the input balsaman that does make sense Ill try that, and I can even shim the y axis at the gantry uprigths if it's beyond the adjustment range

thanks

Ray

Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!