Finally fixed my door leak...

Thread: Finally fixed my door leak...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Finally fixed my door leak...

Have had issues with coolant dripping off the bottom of my front door since I got the machine. Tried a few solutions. Bending the door with a heat gun was a TOTAL no go - the plastic is just too thick, and the bend makes it quite stable. The door had a pretty big bow out in the middle, about 1/4". Anyway, here's what I did to solve it:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRuTErsIl5Y"]YouTube - Mikini Door Leak Fix[/nomedia]

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool, looks like a good fix, and will stiffen the door so that it stays straight. A thought, if you had sloped the piece of aluminum say 1/2" towards the hinge side, used channel rather than angle... and maybe left it just a tad long on the hinge side.... it would have stayed inside the machine enclosure even when open and drained all the coolant into the machine pan, rather than on the floor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
    A thought, if you had sloped the piece of aluminum say 1/2" towards the hinge side, used channel rather than angle... and maybe left it just a tad long on the hinge side.... it would have stayed inside the machine enclosure even when open and drained all the coolant into the machine pan, rather than on the floor.
    I had all those same thoughts after I used it the first time yesterday!

Good enough for now (meaning there are things WAY higher on the to-do list than making this the perfect mousetrap). :rainfro:

Some day I might actually even MAKE something useful on the machine!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed, I just think of those things because I work from a wheelchair and coolant dribbling all over my lap as I swung a door open would be enough to drive me over the edge.... :-)