CNC Router kits in UK?

Thread: CNC Router kits in UK?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question CNC Router kits in UK?

Hi, hope this is the right place to post this thread, and that I'm not rehashing something that's been asked before.
    I've been interested in getting my own CNC router for a while now, but can't afford to buy one (who does, apart from companies?!) - but I don't have the necessary skills to build one from plans like the jgro machine.
    I've been looking for kits, and someone mentioned the Durham Robotics website on these forums. The problem is that it would cost a fortune to ship to the UK, and also uses Imperial fittings - which is a problem because all my tools are metric!

So I was wondering whether there are any manufacturers in the UK that sell similar things - the only thing I've found that comes close is this, but it's a bit on the small side.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

BTW, I'm planning on using the machine to do basic woodcutting - MDF or plywood, nothing fancy - for signwriting and toymaking.

Thanks (in advance )
    Andy