DP Tech. Esprit

Thread: DP Tech. Esprit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DP Tech. Esprit

Starting a new job on the 18th, and will be expected to learn Esprit. Does anyone know what I may find some tutorials online? I just want to get a headstart so they think I'm smarter than I really am.

Similar Threads:
    Dustin B.
    ================
    I hear and I forget.
    I see and I remember.
    I do and I understand.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DP Tech Esprit

Dustin,

Other people may have better resources for you but you might try http://www.cimtulsa.com/

They sell Esprit instructional AVI cd's for milling, turning, EDM, and post processing. They are pricey for the regular Joe...about $150 per set. I spoke with a guy with one of our sister companies that has the cd's and he says they are very good. Although, he needed to attend training classes with us at DP Technology in So. Cal. but that was mainly because of the advanced mill/turn operations they were performing at their shop.

Do you have any experience with Esprit? How about other systems like SurfCam, MasterCAM, SolidWorks, etc.?

I am new to Esprit (two months) but I used SurfCAM and a few other systems for years. I will try to offer any help that I can. Take care.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

DKeach, thanks for the reply. I have been using MasterCAM for a few years now. And am fairly comforable with it. But Esprit is something I WILL have to learn. And more than likely, I will be expected to pick up on it pretty quick.

It will be used to program 2 machines. A 5 axis Thermwood router, and a 3 axis Haas mill.

I found that website during my seaching. Unfortunately, I can't fork up the cash for the cd's. Maybe I can talk them into it. Heck, they may already have them. Thanks for the advise, and I'll be sure to post any questions I have here.

Dustin B.
    ================
    I hear and I forget.
    I see and I remember.
    I do and I understand.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thermwood 5-Axis Router Post?

I saw that you would be programming a Thermwood; is it the M67? I desparately need an Esprit post for that machine.

Also, check out www.cadcam4u.com for a very effective and easy-to-use Esprit Maunal!

Downloads
    Uploads

I learned Esprit 2007 in about 2 weeks (4 axis mill) using an excellant 300 page tutorial written by Mike Huggins of Precision CAD/CAM Systems in Timonium, MD 410-527-9999.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am currently using Esprit 2006/2007 and writing VBA macros for EDM Wire. There are conflicts in VBA 6.4 and 6.3 when we use any "GET" commands in the form but i don't know how to get over it (as they said in the Esprit What 's New). Please help?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cim are some great guys and very helpful!
    the tutorials are really good.

I know nothing about routers, but can help with the mill....I am using Esprit for a 3 axis mori.

i live in Ks, lol...let me know if I can help!

I hate deburring.....
    Lets go (insert favorite hobby here)