Dynapath boards

Thread: Dynapath boards

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dynapath boards

I need some help. I have a watch dog timer light on my Aux board. All my voltages seem to be ok and I dont have any AC ripple coming from my power supply. I had my power supply checked out and it seems to be ok. I talked to Dynapath and they said if my power supply is ok then is is most likly the PIC board or the Auxiliary board. My question is what should I be looking for when I look at these boards and what would most likly be the problem. I appriciate your help. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have limited experience with repairing these boards but capacitors degrade over time and replacing them could help. Its a shotgun approach but you may get lucky- the replacement is pretty cheap and not too difficult. If you find someone would can debug down to the component level that would be ideal.
    I would start with a thorough cleaning of the board(s). Mine were covered in years of oil and ?. Being able to do a detailed inspection will be much easier to see an open trace or a bad solder joint, or burnt component. Using a meter in suspect areas will confirm continuity.

My approach, as I've mentioned before, was to get rid of all the electronics and start over because I have very little knowledge of electronics repair.
    Either way its a big job but I found it easier to work with new stuff that I knew would work than old stuff that will always be suspect.

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

Well at this point I am going to start with cleaning the boards in the Dynapath control but I am not sure how to clean these boards and what kind of chemicals I can use. What can I use to clean these boards without screwing something up. Thanks for your help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

remove the board from the machine and discharge all the caps, isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) should be good enough; take some good macro/ close up pics with a digital camera that will allow you to reference any details. I agree with replacing the caps- digikey is a fantastic source with super fast shipping. If unfamiliar with good soldering techniques check out some vids on youtube ( guys fixing their monitor, graphic cards etc.); and practice with some old board first. Make sure your soldering iron is adequate wattage to flow industrial solder. Should be a piece of cake actually- you might be able to hire a high school kid to do it if you feel it's beyond your ability ( ask an electronics/ computer teacher who's the most promising in the class)

Downloads
    Uploads

you can buy aerosol cans of Isopropyl alcohol and contact cleaner and use a toothbrush to scrub. IPO did not remove the crud off my boards but where I work they have a tank with some nasty board cleaner that did an amazing job

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks I will give it a shot.