Foam cutter Kit

Thread: Foam cutter Kit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Foam cutter Kit

I'm interested in cutting foam I was searching for some foam cutter kit having size around 30-40" x 15-20" x 15-20".

The frame (no electronics, if accepts nema 23 steppers it will be great) should cost below 1000$.

Anyone know such kits ?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by RedLabel; 06-25-2010 at 05:00 AM.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RedLabel View Post
    I'm interested in cutting foam I was searching for some foam cutter kit having size around 30-40" x 15-20" x 15-20".

The frame (no electronics, if accepts nema 23 steppers it will be great) should cost below 1000$.

Anyone know such kits ?

Thanks
    I never fiddled with a kit, most of them I don't like. I done better on drawer slides and all thread.

This being a prime example of what not to avoid. You have to see it try to work as delivered.
    FoamLinx small hot wire cnc foam cutters

You are far better off building your own unit, I am writing my second book on foam cutter design.

My first unit cost $700 with steppers and controller. The first picture is one side. The other side is the mirror image.

As you can see by the second picture I have gone on to build better units.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Foam cutter Kit-039-jpg   Foam cutter Kit-12-jpg