Fowler

Thread: Fowler

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fowler

Does any one use Fowler mics, or calipers? What's the quality like?

Boss Tools has Fowler items in stock and I'm thinking of getting a 1-12" mic set.

Similar Threads:
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

DSL PWR,

I have a set of Fowler mics that I am very satisfied with. Thier quality is very good for the cost.

Downloads
    Uploads

some of their tools are pretty good while a lot of their products are pretty tragic , i would never catalogue order anything from them , i only buy what i can feel in my hands ,
    one time after thumping a dial i took it apart to repair it ,after seeing the screws cross threaded into place on an obvious angle i threw it all back into the box and never looked at it again

import stuff , luck of the draw

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    some of their tools are pretty good while a lot of their products are pretty tragic , i would never catalogue order anything from them , i only buy what i can feel in my hands ,
    one time after thumping a dial i took it apart to repair it ,after seeing the screws cross threaded into place on an obvious angle i threw it all back into the box and never looked at it again

import stuff , luck of the draw
    I am forced to agree with Dertsap. I have a few of their tools and they really bite.

Above all Do Not Buy a 12" Caliper. The Rack Gear is two 6" Spliced together.
    Their indicators are the worst.

Sorry to burst any bubbles but these tools shouldn't be allowed in any shop.

BTW: Their Joe Block Sets are nice, but the box is faulty.

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a 6in dial caliper and had to return them twice because the inside tongs were off by .002. I finally got a set that was only.001 out. I will stay away from them in the future.