Newbie Buying used??

Thread: Buying used??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buying used??

New to CNC. Looking at buying used Shop Sabre Sidekick 8. The set up is 3 years old. Table, Powermax 45XP, Sidekick router package. Is this a good decision or should I just look at new? What should I be careful of?

This is for a hobby shop, that hopefully can grow to pay for its self.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by N1eal; 01-16-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Buying used??

It depends on the price you are at. I prefer used, but I can fix them myself. Lifetime tech support is only offered to the original owner. If that is important to you, get a quote from shopsabre on that. I have moved on to a different brand machine, but the shopsabre I had did pay for itself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Ken. 24k for “turn key” set up. Including table plasma cutter, router, software, compressor. The supporters is one of my concerns. This will be me first table.

What system did you upgrade to?

Downloads
    Uploads

That seems expensive for used. If it's your first machine, add in support cost. Price it all out new and compare. Find a few shops using that same machine and visit with them. What do they like and dislike about it. I am running axyz now, but router only. Switching cutting heads is the easy part. Switching material hold down systems is a huge pain.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I was concerned on cost Seamed I bit high from what I have been seeing. I have been looking around but have not found a shop using this machine locally. I’m sure I will be needing the support.