Shopsabre 4896 Z Drive

Thread: Shopsabre 4896 Z Drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shopsabre 4896 Z Drive

Hello... I have a Shopsabre 4896 & my Z Drive stopped working. Does anyone know where to get the correct Mitsubishi drives? I contact Shopsabre and was told they do not support those drives any longer. I got one on ebay but didn't work. ANY Help appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shopsabre 4896 Z Drive

First I would swap the signal wires from wincnc and make sure the step and direction signals are doing what you expect. If that's the issue you can rewire it and use different ports. Talk to Ben if you call them again. Another thing to consider is the drive requires programming. It can be done manually, if you look up the manual on it. If all that fails, I would swap the motor output wires on two drives and verify the motor,wiring, ect are all good. It's possible you have two bad drives, but swapping things around for testing will tell you. If your close to Houston and want help send me a pm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KMetcalf View Post
    Hello... I have a Shopsabre 4896 & my Z Drive stopped working. Does anyone know where to get the correct Mitsubishi drives? I contact Shopsabre and was told they do not support those drives any longer. I got one on ebay but didn't work. ANY Help appreciated.

I would recommend Contacting our team again, they may have misunderstood - while we may not sell that specific part but we can usually always retro-fit and help you get back to running especially if you have the part already.

Default Re: Shopsabre 4896 Z Drive

did you get backup and runing i have a 4896 allso