HSM/Fusion 360 slow motion issues

Thread: HSM/Fusion 360 slow motion issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HSM/Fusion 360 slow motion issues

We have a Shopsabre router from somewhere around 2010 running wincnc 2.6 and we are having some serious issues with G code from Fusion 360 running really slow. In many ops F360 outputs many small short G1 lines. This is especially an issue with adaptive HSM but is also in most other operations. The machine then processes each of these movements extremely slowly instead of translating them to one smooth movement at speed.
    I talked to Shopsabre today and they said this was an issue on the CAM or Post processor side and that those tiny linear movements are supposed to be converted to G2/G3 commands to keep it moving quickly. I have found a lot of complaints online that F360 doesn't do this and that it should but I also know that on my other machine running linuxCNC it does not have this issue and is perfectly capable of smoothing out those small G1s to a smooth high speed op and I have to believe that this machine should be capable of the same.
    We did find something I think G9 (not in front of the manual right now) that was talking about smoothing parameters either to set hard in the .INI or in the G code. I also found some info for other machines running wincnc having a constant velocity mode or something that smoothed things out. I am pretty confident there should be settings on the machine to smooth this stuff out but the guys at shopsabre insisted it was a problem with the G code.
    If there is anything on the machine to smooth this out or if anyone has encountered similar problems and has any solutions any input would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HSM/Fusion 360 slow motion issues

That is highly concerning to me. I am about to buy a SHopsaber and primarily use Fusion for CAD/CAM.

Please post if you find a solution.

I would post about it on Fusion360 forums as people there tend to reply to issues very quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it's controlled by WinCNC, then it should be some WinCNC settings that need to be changed. Find a WinCNC expert. Maybe someone on the Camaster forum can help?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

did you get this solved? I have an old cam tech machine with A2MC controller, and it suffered from this problem when making files from Fusion 360 cam. There's a way to edit the tolerance and tell it to make fewer arcs/lines in the tool paths. you can see the number of points in the preview of the operation and edit the tolerance and the smoothing tolerance to affect this. I used to use a machine with WinCNC, and didn't have problems with the smoothing being set at default levels in Fusion, but the A2MC controller would choke on what seemed like simple curves.

I'm guessing there is some setting of the controller itself, that should be able to work around this issue, but it's relatively easy to solve in CAM programming if you know what you're looking at.

Downloads
    Uploads

F360 Cam has a couple of settings in the toolpath dialogue boxes to control tolerance and smoothing. Have you tried adjusting those yet? The nice thing is that you can view the control point spacing in the simulation window to see the affect of your settings changes. These points represent the individual lines of gcode written by the post processor. The default settings are quite small .0004 I believe). I hope this resolves your issue.