Thread: Buying a Pro408 review thread

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buying a Pro408 review thread

Hey all!

1/8/2017
    -------------------
    I like starting these threads as they're what I look into when buying a new machine. The machine we just put a 50% deposit on is a Shopsabre pro 408 http://shopsabre.com/cnc-routers/pro-series.html. Just a small background on myself; my wife and I own a small 'home decor' shop that we started in our basement after hours that we ran on a small home built cnc I made (even a thread here somewhere) that now has expanded to a full shop with a few full time employees a real Techno ATC, few laser cutters (Thunder Laser) and now will be replacing the Techno with something faster.

First Brandon has been great, I litterly started to bug him back in 2015 when I was going to go Omni due to the price. At this time I wasnt sure if I was going to do an ATC or a standard spindle. I was going to pull a trigger on the standard spindle as we needed a 4x8 router and not the ATC. A blessing came and a used Techno ATC came up on craigs for a killer deal and picked it up. Little did I know, ATC was going to alter our lives!) When I needed to replace the techno, I knew Shopsabre was my choice after I narrowed them down back in 2015 and my long discussions with Brandon. They had a great price with the ATC, new vacuum system, and a killer machine with some good promos! We got the 408 spec'd out and ordered with all the bells and whistles at still a great price.

I'll update the thread when anything worth while happens but I hope this thread helps future CNC router customers find the right CNC for them and learn from the good/bad (fingers crossed) that I went through!

Thanks!

2015 - starting bugging Brandon at Shop Sabre when I was debating a Omni or Shop Sabre
    2015 but bit later - Found a used Techno ATC on craigs
    Mid 2016 - start maxing out Techno machine
    12/6/2016 - Put a 50% deposit on a ShopSabre 408 ATC with most all options, estimated lead time is 4-8 weeks, should put ship date 2/6 ish.