New Machine Build I am a n00b

Thread: I am a n00b

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I am a n00b

So I have a Shop Sabre 4896 that I got used from Craigslist. The owner said that the machine worked at one time but didn't now. He supplied the old computer and the newer computer. It had an addon card for a 37 pin cable, nothing I could get to work. I rebuilt the newer computer and am trying to use the parallel port, also bout off eBay the LongsMotor Nema 34 3 axis kit, includes 3 motors (1200) 3 60V power supplies and a BOB. I am trying to find somewhere or someone that has had a setup just like this that can show me the correct wiring diagram to connect everything. I found that the on board parallel port only puts out 3V and I added a PCI card that seems to put out the same. Also when the computer starts up the BOB lights up but when Mach3 starts it turns off. Any help would be great here. I really need to get this thing going.....so many hours of trying different settings is killing me

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I am a n00b

honestly I am really good with electronics and computers but this is stumping me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Three separate power supplies? Why did you have to do that? If you bought this thing as a non-working machine, getting a different computer would be a good place to start. Find a desktop running XP or a newer 32-bit OS with a working parallel port that puts out 3.3v.

It might be the "charge pump" function that's causing Mach3 not to work. That's a safety feature, which tells Mach3 that it has control of the parallel port, but if it's set up wrong it causes a circular error that turns everything off.

You should also make sure you're in EPP mode in BIOS, and that your cable has all 25 pins connected and working.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the shopsabre is a servo system that uses wincnc as a controller. Wincnc would require the card and their software, not mach3.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just checked they offer stepper and servo, both controlled with wincnc.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, shopsabre ships with wincnc but the old computer was fried and we had been given a newer computer to use. I replaced the steppers, drivers and power supplies. So everything is basically new. The computer that I am using has never had Mach3 installed and didn't come with a Parallel Port, so I added one. I can't find where in the bios to change the settings of the PCI card to EPP, says that it is in ECP mode from what I can tell. Not sure also where to fix the "charge pump" loop problem. Any direction here would be very helpful. I will go pull the .xml file to post.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do I attach the .xml file?