2018 Mill Turn Configuration for Fusion 360

Thread: 2018 Mill Turn Configuration for Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2018 Mill Turn Configuration for Fusion 360

What kind of configuration are you using for Fusion 360? Do you need to set one up for each function (mill and lathe) or did you set up a separate one for each? Just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks,

jdub

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2018 Mill Turn Configuration for Fusion 360

You can do it all in one setup. There is an option to set the tool orientation. I run a couple of parts that have turned, milled, and cross drilled features and do it in one setup. I use the Haas ST35Y post processor. One note, if drilling with the spindle, be sure to uncheck the Live Tool box in the Tool>Post Processor setup or it will try to use the live tool.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim, Thanks for the quick response. What control software are you using on the Mill-Turn? I've updated my machine to Centroid's Acorn, so I was planning on using that for the post processor, but it looks like Fusion has one for turning and one for milling. Do you think the Haas post processor would work?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jdub63 View Post
    Jim, Thanks for the quick response. What control software are you using on the Mill-Turn? I've updated my machine to Centroid's Acorn, so I was planning on using that for the post processor, but it looks like Fusion has one for turning and one for milling. Do you think the Haas post processor would work?
    I wrote my own control software, and I wrote the G code translator to be compatible with the Haas posts.

The Haas posts are pretty generic, so you might try using that for the Acorn system and see what happens. Run some air cuts to make sure your machine is going to behave.

The other thing you can do is to just manually merge the G code from separate operations. I guess the other thing to concider is how the machine axes are assigned. In other words, is your machine a lathe with live tooling and a Y and C axis in a standard configuration? That's what the Haas ST35Y post assumes. You can turn off the Y axis in the post configuration if not used, that's what I do.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 08-18-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA