1720 questions

Thread: 1720 questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1720 questions

I recently picked up a 1720 xmtc machine manufactured in 1991. It came with the set of threading gears and some tooling.

Do these machines have power feed? My lever does not appear where it does in the owners manual.

I plan on using the machine manually some before i invest in the cnc conversion, auto feed and threading manually would make things nice for the time being.

Also I have researched but without sucess. Does anyone of a thread showing how to service/pack bearings on the spindle?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1720 questions-20171228_162249-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1720 questions

Quote Originally Posted by agemry View Post
    I recently picked up a 1720 xmtc machine manufactured in 1991. It came with the set of threading gears and some tooling.

Do these machines have power feed? My lever does not appear where it does in the owners manual.

I plan on using the machine manually some before i invest in the cnc conversion, auto feed and threading manually would make things nice for the time being.

Also I have researched but without sucess. Does anyone of a thread showing how to service/pack bearings on the spindle?
    Those early machines did not have a shift lever for the threading. There was a gear mounting block which you engaged by loosening a nut and rotating the block to engage the gears for the power feed. Shoptask used to offer a conversion kit back in the 90's to add a lever. JT has put a lot of the maintenance files on his website- just click on TECHNICAL and scroll down to the section for older machines.