Sheetcam with Dynatorch software

Thread: Sheetcam with Dynatorch software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sheetcam with Dynatorch software

Hello guys,
    Another great forum. I have a Dynatorch plasma table and am trying to use sheetcam. Les and Dyna worked for a post processor, but it seems there are a few bugs to work out. A few are:
    1-Imported the part, set the kerf-speed-material etc, torch moves to first peirce the torch fires then stops, the gantry still moves like it is cutting but not firing.
    2-Tried to cut a bracket with one hole inside, went to the hole and cut, then cut the outside dimension but after that the torch goes back to the hole and dives-obviously the torch cant fire because the hole has been cut, and when 4 parts are nested can only cut one then the dive.
    3-The IPM-height between cuts-and the cut height do not change in the Dyna software to reflect the settings that were made in sheetcam.

I AM new to cnc plasma, but have been working with CAD for about 3 years with my business. I am NO guru by any means but can do pretty well. I really really like the ease of use in sheetcam, just need to work out the bugs and maybe get some settings right. I love the option to nest multiple parts in sheetcam of the same gauge material, this is not possible in Dyna software, ans the Dyna software cuts right on the line, hense holes and parts are smaller. Thanks in advance!!!

Edward Pic

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Edward,

That is very wrong. First make sure you have the correct post processor loaded. Hover your mouse over the green P. It should show you the name of the post used. It should be the one supplied by Dynatorch, not Mach2.

If the toch goes back to the hole you either have more than one cut process set up or there is a problem with your drawing. Load the job then go to help->create a support file. Leave all of the options checked then send the support file to me at les {at} sheetcam dot com.

Les

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the files.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardpic View Post
    1-Imported the part, set the kerf-speed-material etc, torch moves to first peirce the torch fires then stops, the gantry still moves like it is cutting but not firing.
    This is because 'Ramp lead in' was turned on. If SheetCam can control the Z axis, this function can help with piercing thick materials. Dynatorch's controller takes care of Z movement and has a wide selection of piercing strategies built in. With this function turned on the post processor was making the Dynatorch controller pause for a short time. The plasma cutter detected it wasn't cutting and turned itself off.

2-Tried to cut a bracket with one hole inside, went to the hole and cut, then cut the outside dimension but after that the torch goes back to the hole and dives-obviously the torch cant fire because the hole has been cut, and when 4 parts are nested can only cut one then the dive.
    This was probably a drawing problem. Automatic cut ordering had also been turned off. In the 'Cut path' tab, 'Path optimisation' should be on and 'Ignore inside/outside rules' should be off. This forces SheetCam to always cut insides before outsides.

3-The IPM-height between cuts-and the cut height do not change in the Dyna software to reflect the settings that were made in sheetcam.
    These are controlled directly by the Dynatorch controller. SheetCam can only control the cut speed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Les,
    All is good now. Im glad it was me and not sheetcam. Love the program!!
    I nested and cut alot of parts today with sheetcam till my tip burned out. Mike helped alot too, thanks to both you guys for the fast help. I will definatley recomend sheetcam to all!!

Have a great night,
    Ed