Surfacing and Containment

Thread: Surfacing and Containment

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Surfacing and Containment

I am scooping out a wood chair seat. Surfacing works properly, but I only want the surface machined not the entire seat. The toolpath flows up over the top and over the edge. Containment is needed and keeps the surfacing within the scoop.
    However, is there a way to draw containment lines within SC? Lines and arcs and polylines are easy and obvious in SC, but my containment is quite irregular and best represented with a spline.
    Sure i could create the containment in my CAD program easily enough, but would like to do it in SC so I don't have to switch around when it was not done before the export. Ideally a spline snapping to the edge of the surface all the way around would be best.
    Thanks, Greg

Surfacing and Containment-surf-fallover-jpg