creating additional post processor on sharpcam

Thread: creating additional post processor on sharpcam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default creating additional post processor on sharpcam

Hi,
    Our Fadal machine has a spray mist attachment and standard flood coolant. The post processor only seems to offer one code for the coolant, and we have to keep editing the code by hand. On sharpcam is there a way to create an additional post processor so that we don’t have to change the code each time we run a job using the spray mist. I know its easy to change the code, but some operators don’t realise this when they run a job and it would be great if they didn’t need to edit the code.
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Default Re: creating additional post processor on sharpcam

Hi Dave, You could create a new post processor with the Save As command, but an easier way is to use the Configure Machine Dentition command from the Tools menu. Here you can set the M code for the coolant types.

Download a free unlimited trial at http://www.sharpcam.co.uk/Download-Request.aspx?source=cnc Sharpcam - Affordable high end 3D CAM system for CNC Machining

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davebruar72 View Post
    Hi,
    Our Fadal machine has a spray mist attachment and standard flood coolant. The post processor only seems to offer one code for the coolant, and we have to keep editing the code by hand. On sharpcam is there a way to create an additional post processor so that we don’t have to change the code each time we run a job using the spray mist. I know its easy to change the code, but some operators don’t realise this when they run a job and it would be great if they didn’t need to edit the code.
    Dave
    Hi,

The Fadal post processor is in fact already configured to handle spray mist - M7. Just choose the Mist option from the Coolant drop down box found with all machining operations.

Thanks

Julian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just figured out the posts on Sharpcam. Its not hard at all, but there doesn't seem to be any easy help for less than techie users. Look for the events in the code. For basic purposed ignore the initializations, don't change them.
    You must have an idea what you want to appear in the code.

The main principle to remember is- look for the quotation marks, this is what the post will insert into your finished Gcode file when that specific handler is called.Look for the handler (don't know if thats the correct term but I mean the line which causes a condition to be looked at then some specific text inserted at a specific place in the gcode). If you don't want something find it and clear out the text in quotation marks, then immediately hit the arrow at the top to compile and you can see if it was ok in the sample code or if you get a no compile error. if you get the error, immediately hit Control Z to restore to original code. That way you can pick through trying things and watching to see if they make sense to the processor or if they just won't work.

You can move things around and watch how the order changes also.Watch out for the anything which calls for an X Y or Z, changing that could cause major problems. I would recommend starting with an existing post, copy it into a new folder and doing all your work on the copy.

With a little bit of experimentation you can knock through a major file change quickly. Comparing files line by line didn't do me any good, too overwhelming and unneeded.