Help! Y-Axis Faults: Sharp SV-2412 Fanuc Oi-Mate

Thread: Help! Y-Axis Faults: Sharp SV-2412 Fanuc Oi-Mate

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help! Y-Axis Faults: Sharp SV-2412 Fanuc Oi-Mate

Hi All,
    I'm reaching out to the group here to see if anyone can point me at some checks to resolve a Y-axis fault on my 2007 SV-2412, Oi-Mate control.
    Servo drive throws no error, servo motor and encoder work very smooth when I plug them into the X-axis outputs, but when plugged back into Y, I can get maybe two rotations out of the servo before it throws a following error alarm.
    Ballscrew turns very smooth, no binding.
    The one to two rotations that I get out of the servo are *very* jerky.
    I swapped the X & Z MOSFET power transistors (A50L-0001-0327s) under the servo amp board, but that didn't isolate the issue - Y-axis is still jerky and alarms out.
    I've replaced the encoder but no luck.

I bought a used servo controller card (A20B-2101-0013/04B) but that card wouldn't even turn the servo amps on, so was faulty.
    My original controller card will power the amps, but I can't seem to get the Y-axis to turn smoothly.

This situation happened about 10 minutes after it sat for ~6 months, then moving the machine, hooking up to a new rotary phase converter, and replacing backup battery,.
    All parameters appear to have been retained during the change; machine powered up, homed, I started cleaning & tooling back up, and on the next power-down/up cycle the axis faults began.

If anyone can point me at some troubleshooting tips, or has experience resolving a similar fault, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks
    Ken

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help! Y-Axis Faults: Sharp SV-2412 Fanuc Oi-Mate

"servo motor and encoder work very smooth when I plug them into the X-axis outputs" and vise versa? Does the X motor work jerky with Y?

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't test that. Pulling the X motor out of its mount is difficult, and I doubt that it would behave differently - it seems to be a problem upstream of the motor & pulsecoder.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought you just swapped the leads at the drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

Nope, that won't work - the plugs going to the amplifier are slotted unique to each axis to avoid crossing. FANUC is protecting me from myself.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, so I had to bite the bullet and replace the entire amplifier box.
    Installed it, moves Y super-smooth as new.
    Now I needed to reset home positions after disconnecting encoders.
    My new problems are software - the manual doesn't show resetting machine zero procedures, but a search through old forums shows at least a dozen examples.
    None of which are working.
    So, set PWE, then go to Param. #1815 and clear APZ bits for each axis, jog to machine zero position, set APZ bits, then cycle power.
    I've tried this in a few dozen different flavors, cycling power before setting the APZ bit, testing one axis at a time, etc... but my machine still tries to send the Z-axis down to the hard servo stop and the X-axis all the way to the left stop.
    Help me if I've missed something stupid, but why can't I set my axes to machine zero using any of the published procedures?
    I have to admit I've been at this three days now... I'm almost out of swear words.

Activation process BuddhaCris69's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roofis27 View Post
    OK, so I had to bite the bullet and replace the entire amplifier box.
    Installed it, moves Y super-smooth as new.
    Now I needed to reset home positions after disconnecting encoders.
    My new problems are software - the manual doesn't show resetting machine zero procedures, but a search through old forums shows at least a dozen examples.
    None of which are working.
    So, set PWE, then go to Param. #1815 and clear APZ bits for each axis, jog to machine zero position, set APZ bits, then cycle power.
    I've tried this in a few dozen different flavors, cycling power before setting the APZ bit, testing one axis at a time, etc... but my machine still tries to send the Z-axis down to the hard servo stop and the X-axis all the way to the left stop.
    Help me if I've missed something stupid, but why can't I set my axes to machine zero using any of the published procedures?
    I have to admit I've been at this three days now... I'm almost out of swear words.
    I am also having issues resetting my machine zeros. I replaced my limit switch box and then my batteries that backed up the zero's died. I need to set my z height for a smooth tool change.

Downloads
    Uploads

Its normally under home position
    Whereabouts are you