Help! I think I lost all my parameters...

Thread: Help! I think I lost all my parameters...

Activation process BuddhaCris69's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help! I think I lost all my parameters...

I recently purchased a used 2004 sharp SV-2412, its not under power and the batteries that backup the parameters both died (they were 6 years old). Now the control is showing an alarm "100 Parameter write enable." Does the alarm suggest that all parameters are lost? I looked through the parameter pages and almost everything is set at 0 or just an *. If the parameters are lost is there a way to recover without having to manually input them all back in? The control is the oi mate-mb. Any advice would be appreciated!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! I think I lost all my parameters...-img_1304-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help! I think I lost all my parameters...

Go thru all parameters and check if actually they are all zeroes or not. The 100 alarm is just telling you that the control is enabled to change parameters and it has to be turned off at some point.
    If in fact you lostthe parametersyou need to get a copy of them with the machine builder or maybe there is a copy within your manuals or inside the machine. If the parameters are not lost then you have to do a procedure to send the machine home.
    If you want to write back please use my email jolula@yahoo.com

Best regards

jolulank

www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a backup of SV-2412 parameters if you need them, though given these alarms you listed, you still might not need them.
    PM me if you did in fact dump them all.
    On another note, did your user manual explain how to reset machine zero position?
    Mine won't go to the correct home and my manual doesn't show the procedure.

Good Luck
    Ken Shinn

Activation process BuddhaCris69's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roofis27 View Post
    I have a backup of SV-2412 parameters if you need them, though given these alarms you listed, you still might not need them.
    PM me if you did in fact dump them all.
    On another note, did your user manual explain how to reset machine zero position?
    Mine won't go to the correct home and my manual doesn't show the procedure.

Good Luck
    Ken Shinn
    I found a procedure online for the zero reset. But i'm unsure of how to properly set the z axis to a proper tool change height.