Need Help! Yaskawa DR2 servopack made with RS422/485 interface - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yaskawa DR2 servopack made with RS422/485 interface

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest

Your best bet is to get a hand held digital operater part # JUSP-OPO2A-1 (watch Ebay for one with a cable) I don't think the win software works for those older drives

Then you can get it all running without the control/computer not connected to the drive once you have it running then you can do your connection to your computer to get the step/dir to run them you just have to follow the users manual

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Hi CNCQuest

Your best bet is to get a hand held digital operater part # JUSP-OPO2A-1 (watch Ebay for one with a cable) I don't think the win software works for those older drives

Then you can get it all running without the control/computer not connected to the drive once you have it running then you can do your connection to your computer to get the step/dir to run them you just have to follow the users manual
    Thanks for the advise. The hand held digital operator may work but I still doubt as the 1CN connector 20 pins is not published anywhere in Yaskawa manual. Also, this servopack being an oem version and a network drive at that will need someone who has work on this to really know the actual pin out designation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest

The sigmawin+software will not run with your drives there is a dos version that may run the hand held is the best for these drives you have, What indication do you have that your drives are network which I find that they are not likley to be as that part is normaly a module that clips on the side of the drives I think what you have are the standard drives with the I/0 not in them which you don't need anyway

Last edited by mactec54; 02-27-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default svmon

Hello,

I have already tried svmon earlier. Several version are available on internet. You can find svmon on Yaskawa's homepage. This is the only version which at least partly recognise this type of DR2 seervopack. Choose SGD-***P than svmon partly starts to communicate with DR2 servopack. There is no point to choose DR2 series, it won't work. After choosing SGD-***P you will be able to read registers of your servopack but you won't be able to use other functions such as JOG mode or autotuning.
    Carlos please send me private message. grubma@freemail.hu

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest

The sigmawin+software will not run with your drives there is a dos version that may run the hand held is the best for these drives you have, What indication do you have that your drives are network which I find that they are not likley to be as that part is normaly a module that clips on the side of the drives I think what you have are the standard drives with the I/0 not in them which you don't need anyway
    Hi Mactec54,

Thanks for the advise re SigmaWin+. I'll try to find the DOS version.

Actually, it is Yaskawa Tech Support who advised me that this particular servopack is an OEM network driver version and it is not the standard drive.

If you look at the below attached picture, you will see that the 1CN connector (I/O control) is a 20-in connector while the standard servopack DR2 is a 50-pin connector. Also, there is an additional 4CN connector which is not present in the standard one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa DR2 servopack made with RS422/485 interface-pic-03-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Grubma View Post
    Hello,

I have already tried svmon earlier. Several version are available on internet. You can find svmon on Yaskawa's homepage. This is the only version which at least partly recognise this type of DR2 seervopack. Choose SGD-***P than svmon partly starts to communicate with DR2 servopack. There is no point to choose DR2 series, it won't work. After choosing SGD-***P you will be able to read registers of your servopack but you won't be able to use other functions such as JOG mode or autotuning.
    Carlos please send me private message. grubma@freemail.hu
    Hi Grubma,

Ok, I tried the SVMon v2.1 and I was able to read the registers of the servopack using what you advised. As you said, aside from the registers, I was not able to do such things as jog or auto tune.

The problem now really is how to use the I/Os to control the Position mode of the servopack.

I guess we have to work on this one somehow to make it work in other ways. I'll send you an email directly.

Thanks,
    WT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are right there aren't a lot of I/O-s which are not necessarily needed but this type of servopack neither have got sign and pulse inputs. It has got only a serial bus which I think must be modbus. Yaskawa must have an alternative user's manual with a chart about used register addresses of modbus. We won't be able to address our servopacks without knowing this chart.
    Chart of other type of servopacks made with modbus could help us.

Hi CNCQuest

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest /Grubma

This may not be a good choice of drive after seeing the photo I did find what they have done with some other drives with the CN1/CN4 but your drive plugs are quite different from these thay made a split cable I have attached
    a pdf & a photo of what was used for other drives this is not much good to you seeing your drives only have serial bus input to control them with I will look for more information on serial bus

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I will try to attach again I have found the files I have are to big I will try somthing else

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest /Grubma

This may not be a good choice of drive after seeing the photo I did find what they have done with some other drives with the CN1/CN4 but your drive plugs are quite different from these thay made a split cable I have attached
    a pdf & a photo of what was used for other drives this is not much good to you seeing your drives only have serial bus input to control them with I will look for more information on serial bus
    Mactec54,

I agree it is not the best choice of a servopack or servodrive, it being a special oem drive. I have the option to return it or make it work. I prefer to try to make it work as it comes in dirt cheap. The unit package comes in with a servopack/servodrive, ac servo motor (750 w) and a ballscrew installed with coupler and support bearings (see the attached picture).

Looking forward to see the picture and pdf file you were trying to upload.

Thanks,
    WT

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa DR2 servopack made with RS422/485 interface-pic-02-jpg  
    Last edited by CNCQuest; 03-01-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: forgot the attached picture

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest

Yes that looks like a good deal to give you some idea what a 750w motor will do it will run a Bridgeport type machine so they have a lot power for a small motor I would still look for some of the SGDA type drives for your step/dir input

With what I'm seeing is the networking of these drives is most/almost sure to be Mechatrolink communication which is not easy to work with, out side of using other Yaskawa devices to run these drives it can be done if you are a software guru you can look on the Yaskawa site & find the wiring for Mechatrolink for some of the older drives it should be the same as your drives you may also to beable to run the drives from the
    3CN port as the hand held will run them from there I'm not sure how this would work but may be worth a try

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Please try to upload somewhere the file you mentioned earlier.
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest

Yes that looks like a good deal to give you some idea what a 750w motor will do it will run a Bridgeport type machine so they have a lot power for a small motor I would still look for some of the SGDA type drives for your step/dir input
    Hi mactec54,

Do you think a standard SGDA Sigma I drive (servopack) can run this 750W AC servo motor?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest
    What are all the numbers letters on the motor SGM----Etc

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCQuest/Grubma

Your drives communicaion is Mechatrolink I will try & attach a PDF of a SGA type drive with a 3CN the same as your 4CN plugs

The upload of these files fails so PM me your email & I will send them to you

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi WT,

You can find these information in user's manual. For your SGM-08AAF-J12 servomotor you must choose an SGDA-08AP servopack.
    08 means for 750W motor
    A means motor is made for 200V
    P means position control.

www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo.nsf/link2/MNEN-5CLKGN/$file/TSE-S800-15C.pdf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone... any solution here?
    I have also some DR2.....NY41 drives.

Has anyone figured out, how to operate them in Step/Dir or something "useable" for hobbyists?

Regards Tim

-----------------------------------
    Stultitia humana infinite est!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1CN pinout

Hi.
    to what pins should I connect STEP / DIR signals ?

regards

Filip

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by filip_l View Post
    Hi.
    to what pins should I connect STEP / DIR signals ?

regards

Filip
    If you have these drives they do not have Step / Dir input

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

As I understand it works with Mechatrolink. what Mechatrolink device can I connect it with ?

And can I add step/dir signals to Mechatrolink Controler ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12