Yaskawa SGMGV vs AD SureServo2

Thread: Yaskawa SGMGV vs AD SureServo2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yaskawa SGMGV vs AD SureServo2

Did a little bit of googling but all I can come up with are that Yaskawa servos are just the best but I'm wanting to know what they are the best at? Reliability? Speed? Accuracy? Tuning ease? Everything? Looking at 2kw systems for my x and y axes and right now debating between the automation direct sureservo2 and the yaskawa drives. The Yaskawa drives are twice as expensive but are they really worth 2x the price? Does anyone have any experience with both of these systems and tends to lean towards one rather than the other?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa SGMGV vs AD SureServo2

Hi,
    SureServo2 is a re-branded Delta servo. Delta is a Taiwanese company but manufactures in China. I have been using Delta servos for some years, both on my own machine
    and have bought and installed them on customers machines. I use Delta B2 series, which are now effectively the entry level model with a 17bit encoder (160,000 count/rev) and have found
    them in every way to be perfect.

There is no doubt that Yaskawa are the world leading brand.....but are they worth as much as they want for them? I think not. Others will disagree, but that is my opinion.

Some years ago I repaired a plasma table for a customer and he insisted on an Omron servo, which at that time were re-branded Yaskawa servos, right down to the same part number.
    The customer reasoned that Omron had sales representation in New Zealand, and were in fact on the same street here in Christchurch! The Omron servo was just over $3000NZD, and that was
    for a little 200W servo. That's what the customer wanted, so that's what we got. To be honest the service and support we got from the distributor was world class and the plasma table was back in business.

At the same time I was able to get a Delta B2 200W servo for about $350USD ex Hong Kong, and it would have done just as well. There was nothing the the Omron servo did that the Delta could
    not match...so was the Omron worth all that extra money???

Since then I've had experience with Allen Bradley, a top tier US manufacturer, Mitsubishi, another quality Japanese manufacturer and Lexium, a quality European manufacturer, all of which command
    a very distinct price premium over Delta servos, and to be fair all the brands are very very good indeed, but are they that much better???

I have no bad thing to say about Yaskawa, but they are expensive. Delta (SureServo2) is better value and closely matched in quality, price and support to DMM, a Canadian brand manufactured in China.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

What are you using them for? 2kw is a pretty big servo.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I like and use 750W Delta B2's such as these:

https://www.fasttobuy.com/flange-80m...er_p28084.html

And that is because they suit my machine and they are on a permanent discount. I've been paying the same $438USD for these for three years, when everything else has gone up they have not.
    I like it.

What does continue to surprise me is that they appear to have rather more power than the nameplate suggests. I'm sure that is not the case but the three fold overload that servos
    have means that even a small servo like this (80mm frame x 140mm 3.1/4inch x 5.1/2 inch) can sure kick anus!

Craig