New Machine Build Delta Server motor - Asda A2 Auto gain tunning procedure

Thread: Delta Server motor - Asda A2 Auto gain tunning procedure

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Delta Server motor - Asda A2 Auto gain tunning procedure

Hello,
    I'm working on a machine that used DELTA ASDA A2 servo motor and drive. there is many instructions on internet how to auto gain tuning procedure by ASDA Soft but i do not know this procedure must be done with Load or without Load. in other hand do i auto gain tuning with real load on servo motor ( mechanism) or i do this procedure without load ( only servo motor).

thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Delta Server motor - Asda A2 Auto gain tunning procedure

Hi,
    AutoTune works to tune the servo with load. Whats the point of getting the servo tuned without load, only then to load it up and have the performance suffer?.

Do you know the inertia ratio? If you do know it then enter it into the Tuning algorithm. If you do not know or cannot calculate it then you'll have to allow the algorithm
    to work it out for itself. This is sub-optimal, the tuning is far faster and more accurate with a known inertia ratio.

Second issue that you need to be aware of is that when the Tuning algorithm is running there is very heavy data traffic between the PC and the servo drive. You should choose to use
    the best PC you have available and turn off all software not required while running the Tuning algorithm. The PC, or rather the Tuning algorithm seizes control of the servo drive
    and causes it to drive back and forth very rapidly ideally within the numeric limits you provide. If however the PC is over-mastered by the data flow the axis could well exceed the
    numeric limits and crash. Your regular CNC controller will not be operative and commonly it is the CNC controller that monitors the Limit switches, hence while the Tuning algorithm
    is in control your machine may not be protected by Limit switches.

Craig