Hello, I've been trying to diagnose a noisy Z axis for quite some time. I initially thought it was a bad ball screw but cant find anything that doesn't feel smooth mechanically in the motion. when jogging you can see the load meter jump up and down in a regular pattern. I decided to record the load numbers in .010" increments and plot out the results. The resulting waveform matches up exactly with a 3 phase 4 pole motor.

Haas servo amp unbalanced output across phases - SGM 1 motor-z-axis-load-png

It appears to me that maybe 1 phase is requiring higher power to maintain position. I have Megged the motor and compared resistance of each set of windings with a Micro-ohmmeter and they are all the same. I think this is leading me to an issue with the amplifier, but hate to shell out $950 not knowing for sure.

I disassembled the amp and cleaned it up, it was quite dirty.
Haas servo amp unbalanced output across phases - SGM 1 motor-20221230_145430-jpg

Previous owner mangled the cabinet door and I guess thought it was fine to just leave it open. It looks better now but still operates the same.

Haas servo amp unbalanced output across phases - SGM 1 motor-20221230_152614-jpg

Maybe the dirt caused some damage to the drive. I am not incapable of component replacement. Does anyone have experience diagnosing these? Could a partially failed IGBT cause this, or a bad capacitor?

Thanks for any help!
Joe