Newbie Axis alignment

Thread: Axis alignment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Axis alignment

Hello everybody.
    My question might soun little bit odd; but I'll try anyway.

We have 1kw fiber laser cutting machine and we have problem with Y1 and Y2 axis. They are not aligned.
    When we cut square, diagonals are not the same, so it actualy becomes a romb.
    It's not a problem when we cut smaller parts, but bigger the part, bigger the error.

So my question is could I solve the problem thru servo motor, or do I have to move one axis phisically.
    [URL]https://postimg.cc/G9RGx52G[URL]

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Axis alignment

Quote Originally Posted by tslc View Post
    Hello everybody.
    My question might soun little bit odd; but I'll try anyway.

We have 1kw fiber laser cutting machine and we have problem with Y1 and Y2 axis. They are not aligned.
    When we cut square, diagonals are not the same, so it actualy becomes a romb.
    It's not a problem when we cut smaller parts, but bigger the part, bigger the error.

So my question is could I solve the problem thru servo motor, or do I have to move one axis phisically.
    [URL]https://postimg.cc/G9RGx52G[URL]
    The axis needs to be squared mechanically; by unbolting and squaring to the table, you should not do this with the servo motors as this will add stress in the axis and gantry frame

Mactec54