Need Help! Panasonic MSD AC Servo - anyone ever fitted/setup one manual driving me insane.HELP - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panasonic MSD AC Servo - anyone ever fitted/setup one manual driving me insane.HELP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Panasonic MSD AC Servo - anyone ever fitted/setup one manual driving me insane.HE

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This type of electronic Gearing has nothing to do with Torque control, this is just a Electronic ratio between the Encoder PPR and the input pulses from the control

There is servo motor Torque that can be adjusted, normally this is set at the motor specs, there are Parameters that can be adjusted, this is normal for Servo Drives most of these Torque setting do not work when using Position control mode, only when being controlled by +/-10v, for normal use these Torque settings are by default at 100%

So, if you need more Torque for your machines cutting then you either need a larger Servo Motor or use more mechanical gearing
    I see - thank you for the clarification (everyone).

Out of interest, do you know what do the "Numerator/Denominator of pulse frequency" and the "Numerator/Denominator of pulse frequency division" are and their relationship to each other???

thanks again, this thead has turned a nightmare conversion into a breeze

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Panasonic MSD AC Servo - anyone ever fitted/setup one manual driving me insane.HE

Quote Originally Posted by nemo1966 View Post
    I see - thank you for the clarification (everyone).

Out of interest, do you know what do the "Numerator/Denominator of pulse frequency" and the "of pulse frequency division" are and their relationship to each other???

thanks again, this thead has turned a nightmare conversion into a breeze
    Your manual should explain both settings, I have attached a snip I put together that may help a little as there is much more than this to Electronic Gearing

The Electronic Gear Ratio (Numerator)=Encoder Resolution
    The Electronic Gear Ratio (Denominator)= Travel distance per shaft Revolution

Attached Files Attached Files
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Your manual should explain both settings, I have attached a snip I put together that may help a little as there is much more than this to Electronic Gearing

The Electronic Gear Ratio (Numerator)=Encoder Resolution
    The Electronic Gear Ratio (Denominator)= Travel distance per shaft Revolution
    The manual is written in pigeon English (at best) and doesn't explain what the two items are. I think it expects you to already know.

thanks for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12