Need Help! crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw

Thread: crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw

Downloads
    Uploads

Default crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw

Hello everyone.

These last few days I have been trying to hook up a chinese nema34 hybrid servo motor 86HB250-156B with a Hybrid Servo Drive, and a Mach3 Board to test it.
    After wiring everything as supposed, I started running into some issues where the drive does move right/left but somehow the Mach3 Parameters are not being well fed to the driver so it crashes after just a slight turn (20 degrees or so)

After a few tries i decided to test it with a smaller drive, suitable for nema23, and the motor works PERFECTLY fine, but the driver doesn't have enough voltage to run the motor at decent speeds and isn't ready for the encoder.

I also didn't succeed with the encoder cable removed or different pinouts in pulse/rev.

If anyone has an idea of what could be going wrong, please advise me, as i'm just a noob

The small drive, the hbs860h drive, my mach3 settings and a small video of the error is shown in this imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/mzHMWJ8

Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a   crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a   crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a   crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a  

crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a   crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a   crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/ccw-whatsapp-image-2022-04-14-8-57-a  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/cc

Is your driver flashing red 7 times? Im pretty sure its encoder. Double tripple check the encoder wiring. Along with the other wires. I bet its that mate.They need to be exact.

Do you have a driver programming lead and software? If you do, and your wiring is perfect. Login to your driver and take it off closed loop mode. See if it runs then.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: crying over servo that works with small drive but not w/HBS860H, only bumps cw/cc

Is the problem the same if encoder cable removed?

Same 20 degrees?

Likely the closed loop stepper driver is not seeing the encoder and is stopped when it reaches the following error limit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone,
    I bought the exact same setup over a year ago but didn't use it until these days. Now I am unable to get it to work. I am having the same issue and would like to know if you could resolve it.

Regards
    Mario

Downloads
    Uploads

Did anyone solve this issue. having the exact same problem