Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi Matec,

Take a holiday, I suggest Ukraine, very nice this time of year.

Craig
    Thats a good thought, considering you have only done one servo setup, to my thousands, I don't think you are in any position to help anyone with servo trouble shooting, as you have already made the obvious blunder, mostly because you don't know what you are doing, just reading from the manual is not going to fix this problem, anyone can pretend to know as you seem to do on a regular basis

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Thats a good thought, considering you have only done one servo setup, to my thousands, I don't think you are in any position to help anyone with servo trouble shooting, as you have already made the obvious blunder, mostly because you don't know what you are doing, just reading from the manual is not going to fix this problem, anyone can pretend to know as you seem to do on a regular basis
    Ok i will try what you have suggested and see if i will be able to move those motor

Downloads
    Uploads

Thakns you guys . You and craig you had give a lot of help

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Diae View Post
    Hi
    The machine is old i don't remember the exact but it 3 years plus
    So today i did the wiring with the new board controller and i discover that one servo drive work well i was able to control the axis with the keybord on PC
    But the other driver , when i attempt to move the axis with pc it show alarm 42 on servo driver , i stop do the controll from pc and try to do jog with the keypad on servo drive but i have a problem
    The servo motor move a little bit forward when i click on button up and a little bacward when i click down button on servo drive
    Any help on this issue
    Video on attachmnts
    No attachments

Ok so the things to check, do you have this motor connected to the machine, if so, remove it from the machine and reset the Alarm, and then try it again, if it runs then you have a problem with the machine binding in the axis somewhere, check the limit switches for that axis check all the cables limit switches as well as the servo motor cables with continuity check.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

No attachments

Ok so the things to check, do you have this motor connected to the machine, if so, remove it from the machine and reset the Alarm, and then try it again, if it runs then you have a problem with the machine binding in the axis somewhere, check the limit switches for that axis check all the cables limit switches as well as the servo motor cables with continuity check.
    I have a video so that you can understand exacgly what hapene but it too large if you have an email or whatssap so i can send it to you in order to e able to find out what going on

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a video so that you can understand exacgly what hapene but it too large if you have an email or whatssap so i can send it to you in order to e able to find out what going on
    So i have 4 drive with their motor one of theme work good with his motor , so i take every drive from the three and test in the wiring of the first that work good with i conclude that something is wrong with the drivers not the motors also i have tested all the motor with that first drive and they work good .
    Secondly i decouple the motor from the ball screw and the same prblm ,for the limit swith i work separtly i don't use them i mean the am in jog mode i have no lilit swith yet in controller
    Or you mean some internal limit ???

Downloads
    Uploads

So i have 4 drive with their motor one of theme work good with his motor , so i take every drive from the three and test in the wiring of the first that work good with i conclude that something is wrong with the drivers not the motors also i have tested all the motor with that first drive and they work good .
    Secondly i decouple the motor from the ball screw and the same prblm ,for the limit swith i work separtly i don't use them i mean the am in jog mode i have no lilit swith yet in controller
    Or you mean some internal limit ???
    Ok that was a good test, it seems strange that 3 drives are bad, did you clear the alarm in the drives before testing, as if you don't, they won't work

The limit switches are sometimes wired connected with the servo drives through the CN1 connection so if you have the CN1 connected you still could have limit switches connected and not know it. so, you need to check this.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok that was a good test, it seems strange that 3 drives are bad, did you clear the alarm in the drives before testing, as if you don't, they won't work

The limit switches are sometimes wired connected with the servo drives through the CN1 connection so if you have the CN1 connected you still could have limit switches connected and not know it. so, you need to check this.
    No ,i havn't clear the alarm , how i can do this
    And for the CN1 , it totaly disconnected from all the servo drive

Downloads
    Uploads

No ,i havn't clear the alarm , how i can do this
    And for the CN1 , it totaly disconnected from all the servo drive
    The alarm that i get is when i connect the servo drive to the controller and give a command from the pc
    I connect Cn1 to the three driver one of them imediatly show alarm (alarm 41) the two other show nothing , but if i try to move them i mean the other two drive they do the same behavior on jog mode ( move forward and backward for littttle distance) and then alarm 42 show up

Downloads
    Uploads

The alarm that i get is when i connect the servo drive to the controller and give a command from the pc
    I connect Cn1 to the three driver one of them imediatly show alarm (alarm 41) the two other show nothing , but if i try to move them i mean the other two drive they do the same behavior on jog mode ( move forward and backward for littttle distance) and then alarm 42 show up
    What happens without the CN1 connected, and you power on the drives

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

What happens without the CN1 connected, and you power on the drives
    No alarm show up , nothing wrong but ,but if a execute bog mode the motor move little distance like there is somthing stop them but the reality there is nothing even they are disconnectef from machine mecanique

Downloads
    Uploads

No alarm show up , nothing wrong but ,but if a execute bog mode the motor move little distance like there is somthing stop them but the reality there is nothing even they are disconnectef from machine mecanique
    Thats good this is saying there is a problem in the CN1 wiring or what it is connected too.

That could be the setting in the drive as to how far it will jog, check the the Forward / Reverse overtravel is disabled this is in the Jog setup in the manual plus the speed at which it can Jog can be changed

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats good this is saying there is a problem in the CN1 wiring or what it is connected too.

That could be the setting in the drive as to how far it will jog, check the the Forward / Reverse overtravel is disabled this is in the Jog setup in the manual plus the speed at which it can Jog can be changed
    Hi
    Ok i will take a look at those setting and change them
    Then informe you of any result
    Thanks you

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Ok i will take a look at those setting and change them
    Then informe you of any result
    Thanks you
    Hi
    so i have done what you recommended , and check over travel ... but they was fine and i modify the value but the servo motor doesn't work
    So i have changing these two values on pic attachmnts and
    All the motor work very well in jog mode and from pc
    Here is the pic in attachmnts marked on blue point so you also know what was the prblm
    And thanks to you very much , craig also have helped a lot thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have one little prblm z axis motor have a brake how i wire it with my board

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande-screenshot_20220307-213915_onedrive-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    so i have done what you recommended , and check over travel ... but they was fine and i modify the value but the servo motor doesn't work
    So i have changing these two values on pic attachmnts and
    All the motor work very well in jog mode and from pc
    Here is the pic in attachmnts marked on blue point so you also know what was the prblm
    And thanks to you very much , craig also have helped a lot thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they where my next things for you to check mainly the Encoder was set to match the motor

I have one little prblm z axis motor have a brake how i wire it with my board
    When you power on the drive and the servo motor locks up the brake needs to get power at the same time so it releases the brake, not sure how you are power up the servo motors, the Z axis Brake will need power at the same time this is normally a different voltage some are only 24v DC so be careful with this connection that you know the voltage of the brake you will have a relay to switch the Brake when your servo motors power up, and off when the servo motor is not powered

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I have the same problem
    Is there a way to connect this drive to mach3 card

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234