Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,

I would have thought that if it were possible it would be described in the manual, but its not. That's why I asked the question.

My Delta servos can be programmed by pushing buttons but its slow, tedious an error prone. I gave it up as a bad joke and bought the cable required
    to program the drive with a PC, vastly superior.

My Allen Bradley servo REQUIRES software to set-up, you cant program by button pushing.....and I had to buy the software.

I think you should do some research to find out, you may end up having to buy the software as I did. It wasn't the end of the world ($200NZD) but
    I wasn't expecting to have to pay.....

Craig
    Like i said the machine that i own is a cnc router and it controlled by alphacam , the original problem is that i had to buy like license or some code to activate the software in order to get the machine work , so i dicided to modif it with a simple controller and simple software
    I think the original controller generate an analog data
    So i will chage just the mode of control to pulse and some wiring

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Diae View Post
    Like i said the machine that i own is a cnc router and it controlled by alphacam , the original problem is that i had to buy like license or some code to activate the software in order to get the machine work , so i dicided to modif it with a simple controller and simple software
    I think the original controller generate an analog data
    So i will chage just the mode of control to pulse and some wiring
    I will keep all the wiring for power supply , encoder , motor power
    The only thing that i will change is the control commande from analog to pulse and of course the wiring for CN1 port

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande

Hi,
    well I did not find that, so yes it can be programmed by button pushing, but good luck with that. There are hundreds of parameters and while most
    can be left alone there are still several dozen that you need to take control of.

Some of the numbers you have to enter are 32 bit integers which require 10 decimal digits, and the display on the drive is only five or six digits wide, so you can't even
    see the complete number....a PITA. If you can get the software then buy the cable, manual programming is a joke.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    well I did not find that, so yes it can be programmed by button pushing, but good luck with that. There are hundreds of parameters and while most
    can be left alone there are still several dozen that you need to take control of.

Some of the numbers you have to enter are 32 bit integers which require 10 decimal digits, and the display on the drive is only five or six digits wide, so you can't even
    see the complete number....a PITA. If you can get the software then buy the cable, manual programming is a joke.

Craig
    Ok ,so i will buy the cable and do the parametring
    Just qustion what are the parametre that i should modify if i choose pulse control

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    there are likely to be dozens that you will tweak until you are happy.

The main ones are the parameters controlling the pulse input, their polarity and filtering.
    The next most important are the numerator and denominator of the electronic gear ratio.
    Thereafter parameter that affect max acceleration, velocity, current , voltage , torque.
    You will also need to set the 'Following Error Window' and the 'Zero Error Window'
    That should allow you to start using the servo but now you have to tune it. There may be an Auto-tune feature but often
    you will still tweak the tuning parameters by hand. Its a slow process involving a dozen or so parameters.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    setting up an servo may seem daunting, and it iU]is[/U] a learning curve. The good news is that once you learn it you can apply it elsewhere.
    Almost all modern servos a broadly speaking identical to each other, so if you can program one you can program them all. Every manufacturer
    has different terminology which may trip you up, and some have features which are seldom found, or go about calculating parameters in a different
    manner, with a different numeric result thereby preventing you from swapping numbers from one drive to another, but despite the extraneous details
    are the same.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I'm off sailing for the day, big racing regatta this weekend...

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I have this servo drive rs1a03aa sanmotion
    Can anyone tell if it support pulse/dir commande or cw/ccw input
    You have had a lot of replies, I have not seen anything on your startup.

First you need to use Jog mode to see if everything is working correct before moving on the the next step with CN1 connections

So once your power connections are verified as correct, then you can with the KeyPad use the mode key to set the Jog settings if you have the manual this is in section 6 Operation Jog operation
    this will also get you familiar with the KeyPad use.

If you need the manual, you can find it here
    http://www.robosan.com.tr/pdfs/SANYO...R%20MANUAL.pdf

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ,so i will buy the cable and do the parametring
    Just qustion what are the parametre that i should modify if i choose pulse control
    No, you are being confused by these posts, there is not very many Parameters that you have to set to get you up and running, everything can be done with the KeyPad take small steps and do the basic to start with, and that is to get into Jog mode and play with the KeyPad

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I'm off sailing for the day, big racing regatta this weekend...

Craig
    Yes i thinks it seems difficult for me bacause it the first time dealing with a servo drive
    Anyway i will practice and do the step that you tell me and see the result
    Thanks you very much craig
    Have a good time with the race

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have had a lot of replies, I have not seen anything on your startup.

First you need to use Jog mode to see if everything is working correct before moving on the the next step with CN1 connections

So once your power connections are verified as correct, then you can with the KeyPad use the mode key to set the Jog settings if you have the manual this is in section 6 Operation Jog operation
    this will also get you familiar with the KeyPad use.

If you need the manual, you can find it here
    http://www.robosan.com.tr/pdfs/SANYO...R%20MANUAL.pdf
    Yes i agree with you , i will test the jog section and wiring then the board control ...etc

Downloads
    Uploads

No, you are being confused by these posts, there is not very many Parameters that you have to set to get you up and running, everything can be done with the KeyPad take small steps and do the basic to start with, and that is to get into Jog mode and play with the KeyPad
    I been waiting for the control board to arrive i have bought one , so monday i will start all the steps that you helped me with

Downloads
    Uploads

I been waiting for the control board to arrive i have bought one , so monday i will start all the steps that you helped me with
    You only need the servo motor and Encoder connected to the drive then the main power input connections make sure you have a disconnect for turning it On / Off

Don't forget the Ground wire connection from the incoming Main Power supply to the servo drive.

Do you have the CNA, Plug, this has the main Power and control power connections.

No CN1 connections are not needed for Jogging

You don't need the control Board to setup and do Jog Testing

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

You only need the servo motor and Encoder connected to the drive then the main power input connections make sure you have a disconnect for turning it On / Off

Don't forget the Ground wire connection from the incoming Main Power supply to the servo drive.

Do you have the CNA, Plug, this has the main Power and control power connections.

No CN1 connections are not needed for Jogging

You don't need the control Board to setup and do Jog Testing
    The machine was working well the only problem that i have is alphacam software demande a licence maybe or a code so i want to change all the control systeme to mach3 or nc studio
    So i think for jogging it will work well and for the power supply and all the conection are aleready exist
    My ideas is just modifying parametre for control mode a simple wiring with the new controller board
    Pic in attachments

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande-20220127_102034-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The machine was working well the only problem that i have is alphacam software demande a licence maybe or a code so i want to change all the control systeme to mach3 or nc studio
    So i think for jogging it will work well and for the power supply and all the conection are aleready exist
    My ideas is just modifying parametre for control mode a simple wiring with the new controller board
    Pic in attachments
    Woo slow down, Alphacam has nothing to do with your machine control. Alphacam is the cam software that you make your programs in,

You don't need to do any of this, your machine is already a wired running machine

What is your Machine and what kind on control is on it? take some photos of everything

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Woo slow down, Alphacam has nothing to do with your machine control. Alphacam is the cam software that you make your programs in,

You don't need to do any of this, your machine is already a wired running machine

What is your Machine and what kind on control is on it? take some photos of everything
    How can i move motor with jog mode

Downloads
    Uploads

How can i move motor with jog mode
    You have to take some photos of your machine and control, so we know what your machine is and what control it has.

You don't need to do this Jog test, unless this was a new machine build, you would do this as the drives where being installed, your system was already installed and has been running

What control does the machine have.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

You have to take some photos of your machine and control, so we know what your machine is and what control it has.

You don't need to do this Jog test, unless this was a new machine build, you would do this as the drives where being installed, your system was already installed and has been running

The control is in pic

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the photos

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande-20220228_102934-jpg   Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande-20220228_102941-jpg   Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande-20220228_102947-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

So i have opened the CN1 connector and find the pins that are already in use with the original wiring from the factory
    So ,what i should add , any shematic for new wiring of course for pulse commande ( symbol + pulse train)
    Pic in attachement for the actual cn1 wiring

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande-20220228_173852-jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast