Newbie Yaskawa Servo on eBay

Thread: Yaskawa Servo on eBay

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yaskawa Servo on eBay

Hi Guys and Girls,

There are a bunch of Chinese sellers on eBay with good eBay reviews that show piles of new, cheap Servos in original packaging. Is this a "to good to be true scenario"??? Does anyone have experience?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19272904...eba8%7Ciid%3A1

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa Servo on eBay

Hi,
    there are quite a number of Chinese sellers whom stock Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and other top brands, usually at fair prices, but none of the brands are cheap.

There are others who stock Delta, a Taiwanese brand, made in China. I have bought a number of Delta servo/drives/cables and can attest that they are good quality, good
    documentation and most importantly good and free set-up and tuning software. Delta is not the very cheapest servo out there, but very fair prices, certainly much less than
    Japanese, European and US brands and yet comparable in terms of quality and performance.

There are a whole bunch of brands which are Chinese designed and made and at very attractive prices. I can only speak of what has been reported here on the forum and most
    users can get them to work. I have no real call to question their quality or performance, but almost invariably their documentation is poor and they have no set-up and tuning
    software. You have to program the drive with dozens if not hundreds of parameters by pushing buttons like a microwave. Hugely time consuming and error prone. Not recommended.

All modern AC servos tend to be similar in terms of how they operate and programming, so if you can program one the chances are you can program another. If you had experience
    on a good servo like Delta or better yet Yaskawa, then the cheap Chinese servos would probably be OK.....you can transfer your experience to interpret/guess what the documents say.
    If this is your first servo then don't go there.

Delta as I've previously mentioned are good at fair prices and DMM (Canadian made in China) is another good brand at fair prices. Many newcomers favor Clearpath, and they are good
    quality and have good backup, but they are EXPENSIVE for what they are. Additionally Teknics have vastly simplified the programming and IO interface to make them as simple
    to use for first time servo buyers......but they have emasculated their device. The standard encoders are only 800 count/rev and they have one ONE digital output....shame.

My new mill has these servos:

https://www.fasttobuy.com/flange-80m...er_p28084.html

$438 for a 750W servo/drive/cables with a 160,000 count/rev encoder is pretty good value for money.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Got some Chinese servos from JMC, two integrated 180 W ones, with 1000 line encoder which is basic as mentioned above. But works well, and is good enough for a small router, costs about 130€.
    Recently I got 450 W AC servos from them (via alibaba) for a new build, these have a proper 17 bit encoder so ±270000 pulses per rev, cost about 230€ per set (servo, driver, 3 meter cables).
    Both have good documentation, are easy to set up and have auto tuning capability which too seems to work well and can be hooked up via USB to rs232 converter to a software on PC for easier settings.
    So I am quite happy with them.
    Wanted delta servos but they are out of my price range...

Odoslané z M2007J3SG pomocou Tapatalku

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Wanted delta servos but they are out of my price range...
    Not a lot in it. Just before Christmas I paid $390USD for 400W Delta B2 servo/drive/cables and $435USD for a 750W Delta B2. Three day DHL shipping to New Zealand was not cheap,
    but I had the security that they would get here, and they did, and exactly on schedule.

Your 450W Servo/drive/cables cost 230GBP? By my reckoning that is $310USD.

I would have to agree your buy is very attractive but a 400W Delta B2 is not actually that much more at $390USD.

That you have had good results with your servos seems to support my claim:

I have no real call to question their quality or performance,
    I personally am inclined to pay the extra 20% to get Delta's but each person has their own take on the quality/cost balance.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

They were ±220 EUR, not GBP a piece (about 250 USD, or 350 AUD or 380 NZD) including shipping and all import charges. Got 3 of them so it adds up even if the price difference for 1 piece is relatively small. Cheapest delta b2 was ±100 EUR (115 USD) more expensive not including shipping and import. So for the saved money I rather bought a C5 class TBI motion ballscrews (much nicer than the Chinese ones).
    But I agree everyone has their own preferences.

Odoslané z M2007J3SG pomocou Tapatalku

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    OK, that is very good buying, good on ya mate!

C5 screws are a dream to use, money well spent I'd say.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hazron View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls,

There are a bunch of Chinese sellers on eBay with good eBay reviews that show piles of new, cheap Servos in original packaging. Is this a "to good to be true scenario"??? Does anyone have experience?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19272904...eba8%7Ciid%3A1

Thanks
    You have to know what you want to buy by the model number, or you could get something that is unusable, it's all in the model number, so go to the Yaskawa web site and look up all the specs for that model they are selling.

Cables, if they don't come with cables then you will have a big cost to buy the cables, you can't just use anything for a cable with these drives, they use special plugs, which are not easy to find, you could spend $200 plus for cables, so look at everything

200v (Drive Voltage)
    Analog (Control method)
    watts or Kw size (Motor Size)
    Cables
    Some are only 50w /100w that they are selling, it's all in the model number so make sure if you buy the size you need for your machine.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have to know what you want to buy by the model number, or you could get something that is unusable, it's all in the model number, so go to the Yaskawa web site and look up all the specs for that model they are selling.

Cables, if they don't come with cables then you will have a big cost to buy the cables, you can't just use anything for a cable with these drives, they use special plugs, which are not easy to find, you could spend $200 plus for cables, so look at everything

200v (Drive Voltage)
    Analog (Control method)
    watts or Kw size (Motor Size)
    Cables
    Some are only 50w /100w that they are selling, it's all in the model number so make sure if you buy the size you need for your machine.
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Yes Model numbers etc is fundamental, I am OK with the model numbers I want I think and will double check but haven't looked hard at cables etc which is a good point. I'm after 4 of these plus motors SGDV-7R6A01A002000 I believe, and that is up there on these sites.

I guess my worry was when you get a whole lot of these suppliers, all from China, and most seem to have a bunch of these things at pricings from below $400 to +$1000 it makes me uncomfortable...like will you get exactly what you ordered........ or get anything at all!

I don't think there is any other generic supplier listed here....66 of them : https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...l_check&_pgn=2 Could be one guy has a few and others list them, or one guy lists all. I don't think I'm game enough to order from them.

Now that it is mentioned I've heard of Fasttobuy before but lost the contact, thanks for that, and since they have been tired before they will hopefully deliver. And from what I read Delta are also good.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hazron View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Yes Model numbers etc is fundamental, I am OK with the model numbers I want I think and will double check but haven't looked hard at cables etc which is a good point. I'm after 4 of these plus motors SGDV-7R6A01A002000 I believe, and that is up there on these sites.

I guess my worry was when you get a whole lot of these suppliers, all from China, and most seem to have a bunch of these things at pricings from below $400 to +$1000 it makes me uncomfortable...like will you get exactly what you ordered........ or get anything at all!

I don't think there is any other generic supplier listed here....66 of them : https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...l_check&_pgn=2 Could be one guy has a few and others list them, or one guy lists all. I don't think I'm game enough to order from them.

Now that it is mentioned I've heard of Fasttobuy before but lost the contact, thanks for that, and since they have been tired before they will hopefully deliver. And from what I read Delta are also good.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
    Almost every Manufacture of Servo Drives / Motors has some form of manufacturing in China, so this is not out of the ordinary, to see sales like this.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    as I've posted before I buy Delta servo kits from Fast-To-Buy.com. I've made multiple (4) purchases from them and have developed confidence in their
    ability to supply. They stock Delta, obviously, but also To-Auto, a very competitively priced Chinese brand, but also Yaskawa, Mitsubishi and Panasonic among
    others.

Delta are not the very cheapest brand, but neither are they the most expensive, with an entry level (B2) 750W servo costing $438USD and a (B2) 400W servo costing $390USD.
    Note these are complete kits, ie servo motor, servo drive and cables.

I would expect the leading brands like Yaskawa to be more, maybe double, maybe triple the cost of Delta. I note on the Fast-To-Buy website most Yaskawa
    products are offered individually, that is the servo motor is sold separately to the drive. A casual glance suggests that a 750W Sigma 7 servo alone costs $500USD and the matching
    Sigma7 drive costs another $500USD. There are a number of kits offered with both the servo and drive, although no mention of cables, for around $1000USD to $1200USD.
    This sounds about right, Yaskawa Sigma7's are about as good as they get and so it makes sense that they cost more.

If I were to see a price quoted elsewhere for $400USD I would have to suspect that referred to the servo alone rather than a matching kit. I too would be nervous about placing
    an order without some verification about what was going to be supplied.

Fast-To-Buy is not the absolute cheapest Ebay seller but is often very close to the best price. Furthermore they are very responsive to emails and if you really want Yaskawa
    I can recommend that all your questions would be answered prior to placing an order. Additionally you can check out the range from other brands...

Craig