Problem Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.

Thread: Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.

Been offered 2* light used 400w Mitsubishi servo sets to fit my x & y mill axis for £500gbp ($675us). Is it a decent price and woth it?.
    I was looking at the Delta ones for a later date which would cost the same as above per set after all the fee costs added etc, but these cropped up.
    Also. The Mitsubishi tuning software looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Mitsubishi models are:
    MR-JE-40A + HG-KN43
    MR-J3-40A + HF-KP43
    Hopefully the pdf data on them has uploaded in the attachments.

Edit: Updated J3 pdf.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by dazp1976; 02-09-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Been offered 2* light used 400w Mitsubishi servo sets to fit my x & y mill axis for £500gbp ($675us). Is it a decent price and woth it?.
    I was looking at the Delta ones for a later date which would cost the same as above per set after all the fee costs added etc, but these cropped up.
    Also. The Mitsubishi tuning software looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Mitsubishi models are:
    MR-JE-40A + HG-KN43
    MR-J3-40A + HF-KP43
    Hopefully the pdf data on them has uploaded in the attachments.

Edit: Updated J3 pdf.
    Used, how old are they, do you have some photos of them.

Mitsubishi have a good system; new users have trouble setting them up, do they come with cables that you can use if not don't not bother, as the cables will cost that much for these servo drives / motors, you will also need to use a minimum of a 2:1 gearing for your mill, with this size motor.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Mitsubishi have a good system; new users have trouble setting them up, do they come with cables that you can use if not don't not bother, as the cables will cost that much for these servo drives / motors, you will also need to use a minimum of a 2:1 gearing for your mill, with this size motor.

Cables: Yes.
    Date: June/Nov 2013

I reckon the only thing I'd need to get my head around mainly is the setting of electronic gearing and encoder setup to correspond with the axis.
    I was actually planning on coupling them direct.
    But if you think it will be too much power I'll do some more research and maybe drop down to 200w.
    If you think they're not worth the cost either I'll wait a bit and go with the Deltas.

I have seen the 400w used direct on mills this size.

Thnx. Daz.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Mitsubishi have been in the business of servos for a long time and have a good reputation.

I retrofitted a big plasma table with Mach4 and a Hicon and it had Mitsubishi servos, and despite different terminology found them to be
    excellent in every respect.

More recent experience with Delta servos and I would say they are very comparable in terms of quality, performance and tuning. If you can get them at a good price
    I can't imagine you could go wrong.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Forgot to add the photos earier
    Cables: yes
    Date: Jun/Nov 2013

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=475806&stc=1

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=475808&stc=1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.-j340a-jpg   Calling on the big guns for purchase advice plz. Like Craig, Jim and Mactec54.-je40a-jpg