Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 Help

Thread: Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 Help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 Help

Hi,

Bit of a story here, but please bare with me.....

Original Issue:

I have a KDA 3.2 drive, which was originally providing a sporadic and intermittent output to its spindle motor (Indramat 2AD). Upon commanding an output e.g. M4S1500, sometimes the motor would spin up to RPM for a few seconds before slowly dying down, stopping, reversing direction and doing what it wants at any RPM. Other times it does not spin up to RPM on command and does nothing. Within 5 minutes of issuing the command (no other, just waiting), the motor may suddenly spin up to its commanded speed before dying down randomly.

I sent the drive off for repair and they replaced the 'firing board' saying they eventually managed to replicate the problem I was having. It was then tested and passed in running order.

After Repair Issue:

I found a bent pin on connector X1 after the repair, which was disappointing considering the costs involved. X3 (motor feedback) is also very loose around the connector outer and has no screws to hold it to the board (again disappointing). But the soldered pins themselves look sturdy from a basic inspection.

Functionality wise.... The spindle will judder violently when enabled with an RF signal until it is provided with a g-code command such as M4S1200. It will then either rotate slowly but smoothly, or spin up to around 2500RPM, drop to below 1000RPM and fluctuate +/- 300 RPM until it eventually settles at the commanded value. If I move the feedback cable close to connector X3, their is a loss of feedback which causes the spindle to jump / stutter / accelerator and de-accelerate before slowly settling down again when I gently let go of the cable. I've continuity tested the cable, as all seems ok. Even though X3 is loose around the cowling, the company who repaired the drive told me it was tested fine.

Note.... Feedback is provided directly from 2AD motor to KDA, and I think consists of a rotor position sensor and tacho. The spindle does have an encoder which goes directly to the motion controller (Kanalog / Kflop).

What is the best way to diagnose this in terms of cable or drive? Is their an option on the KDA to disable feedback, thus proving feedback is the issue? Or any other troubleshooting parameters I can set on the KDA? I have no errors / faults coming up on the KDA.

See attached vids, you will need sound to hear the loss of motor feedback when moving the cable.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://81.130.183.121/main-issue.mp4

http://81.130.183.121/Loose-connector.mp4

http://81.130.183.121/violentjudder.mp4