Hiwin E1 Servos.

Thread: Hiwin E1 Servos.

Default Hiwin E1 Servos.

Hello everyone!

Does anyone here working experience with the Hiwin servos?

The price quoted by Hiwin is very reasonable and I'm seriously considering going with Hiwins instead of Delta ASD-A3 servos.

Another plus point is that I might still be able to push for a little more discount since I'm getting the guideways from them too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hiwin E1 Servos.

Hi,
    do the Hiwin servos have set-up and tuning software that lives on a PC that you can flash the drive firmware? If they don't then don't go there.

I use Delta B2 series servos which are very cost effective and in every way adequate. Is there a feature or features about the more expensive A3 series that you require?

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    the savings that you might make by buying Hiwin might please your wife but in the longer term are insignificant.

Assuming you buy reasonable quality, say Delta, DMM and I presume Hiwin would fit in that category then once you buy these things you'll have them
    for years....and $50 here or there really makes no difference at all, whereas buying an even cheaper brand with questionable support, crap documentation
    and no set-up and tuning software ae a millstone around your neck.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    do the Hiwin servos have set-up and tuning software that lives on a PC that you can flash the drive firmware? If they don't then don't go there.

I use Delta B2 series servos which are very cost effective and in every way adequate. Is there a feature or features about the more expensive A3 series that you require?

Craig
    Yes, they have all the necessary software and proper documentation just like Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    the savings that you might make by buying Hiwin might please your wife but in the longer term are insignificant.

Assuming you buy reasonable quality, say Delta, DMM and I presume Hiwin would fit in that category then once you buy these things you'll have them
    for years....and $50 here or there really makes no difference at all, whereas buying an even cheaper brand with questionable support, crap documentation
    and no set-up and tuning software ae a millstone around your neck.

Craig
    That's why I never seriously consider Chinese servos just not worth the money considering the amount of time needed to figure out how to make it work.
    Most are only interested in selling and the relationship ends when they get hold of your money.

Anyway, Hiwin constructed a new plant in Taiwan for their servo motors so we can probably expect to see more servo products from them in future.